Sunday, November 21, 2010

My 1st Christmas card of the Season.

Today was a stay at home day, but guess what I didn't get to stay at home.
I promised Kristy that I would take her to the mall. As it turned out all my girls came.
We had lots of wet snow this morning. Like I said a day to stay home.

After the mall, we did stay at home the rest of the day. And I made a card :)
I saw this idea from http://valitasfreshfolds.blogspot.com/.
She left her flower insides empty. I put embossed velum in mine.
I am really happy with how it turned out.
I punched these flowers out with a tiny punch and used a nut picker thingy (not a scrapbooking tool, LOL) to roll it and form it.
You can see how it has dimension. I guess this is a hand delivered card ;)
Onto my day:
I slept in :) love the weekends for that.
Went to the mall. Kristy wanted to show me some things that she would like for Christmas. We do this every year, then I go back and pick what I want to get her from her choices. The thing is she didn't see anything that she wanted. The other 2 did though. I wanted to check out some more colours for my markers, but forgot.
I made this card. It took longer to do then it should have. But I was working upstairs and had to keep running to the scrap/craft room to get supplies.

This is an early post for me as "The Walking Dead" is on tonight and I don't want to miss one zombie :)

Hope you Sunday was a day spent with family and some crafting thrown in for good measure ;)

Tracy

30 comments:

  1. that is a pretty awesome card! i likes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is beautiful! I love the layers on it it really pops! Just beautiful! Thanks for leaving me a comment on my blog, pls check back again soon for a drawing ill be having. It will be fun :) I also joined your blog :) looking forward to what you do next :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea for the flower, love it. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this is beautiful...thanks so much for sharing this gorgeous creation with all of us.
    hugs,jen
    jennyscards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!! You always have great projects to share!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tracy
    This card is awesome. Glad I was able to push you. lol
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  7. great card! those little flowers are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tracy- That card is FABULOUS! I love your addition of the vellum! It is truely an awesome holiday card!! ...and I have one of those nutcracker thingys too! I know just what you are talking about.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, Tracy - very elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey, Tracy! Love this card. Check out my blog (www.thescrapyardrose.com) because I just awarded you a new blog award.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is so pretty!!!! I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the cut out. Beautiful Card

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tracy- another beautiful card- I love all the layers

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pretty card! Those flowers are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a cool card! Those flowers are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOWZA!!! Gorgeous card! I hope I'm on your Christmas card mailing list! LOL!

    Thank you so much for the birthday wishes today! Much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sleeping in is the best!!!!I love your card......beautiful! !!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so pretty Tracy, LOve the simply red and white and that marvelous shape!! Very Nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is a seriously stunning card! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)