Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Guest Designer for Canadian Nickel Scrapin.

First off I want to thank Nicole "Canadian Nickel Scrapin" for this giving me this opportunity to be featured on her Whats Up Wednesday as a Guest Designer.
What an honour to be featured on her blog. She is an awesome card and altered items artist. Plus her colouring is unbelievable. She is one of the ladies that got me into colouring images. You Rock Nicole...plus it doesn't hurt that you are a fellow Canadian ;)

I am new to this, so Nicole has given me some questions to help get me started.

1. Who is Tracy's Treasures?  I am just your ordinary mother, wife, stay at home /work at home mom.
I like to say I am a Jill of all Trades Expert in none. I do love to create, its my passion. I love all types of crafts. I sometimes think I should dedicate my time, to really learning one of my art forms. But there are just to many fun, creative things to do and I want to try them all.
Honestly, I didn't even know what blogs really were (I am not technical at all). So once I learned a bit about them I thought it was a great place for an on-line journal. I have always documented mine and my family's life weather in scrap booking or writing. The name came about because my family is my treasure and so are the creations I put together.
I would never have thought that having a blog would bring me so close to people I have never met before and to care so much about their lives as they do mine. It really is like an extended family.
Then my daughter encouraged me to start a YouTube channel. Tracy's Treasures 

2. What am I up to? I never know what I am up to day to day.  I love to share what I create and how I make my projects. I think it is awesome that we can see people create all over the world from the comfort of our homes. 

3. Whats new and exciting? Well I just received an email asking me if I would like to join a design team. 
I don't know all the details yet, but am looking forward to learning more about how it all works.
                                            So that was something exciting and unexpected that happened :)

4. My Project: Well, we all know how Nicole loves everything Halloweeny :)
So I thought I would put together a little something special with her in mind.
I had seen a picnic basket in a Magnolia magazine and thought it was so adorable. But it was in a Summer theme and unfortunately Summer is coming to an end :(
So I thought a Halloween theme might be fun :)
Then I put together a couple of cards. I just picked up these new stamps and they were just asking to get inky ;)
                         
 So here is the basket.
I cut it out of Bristol board, then covered it with pattern paper.
I coloured the image with my Copics, then added some fun embellishments.
 Here is how you get to the goodies.
The flaps are secured with magnets, so they stay closed, yet easy to open to get the treats.
 Here are the treats all tucked away :)
 I then decorated the containers.
The smarties container, looks like someone was in it already ;), is a tiny single serving ice cream container.
 Here is the card I made with the left over pattern paper.
Doesn't she look like a cheeky little witch :)
 This is the first card I made.
Knowing I was going to be on Nicole's blog I had to make this card for her.
Not only do I love this image, I am sure Nicole will as well. She is a little goth trick or treater :)
The tombstone was from a different stamp set, I thought it was a fun touch.
                                   
Well there you have it. Here are my creations as Nicole's Wednesday Guest Designer.
Thank you so much Nicole for letting me take over your blog for the day, lol.
I hope you enjoyed my projects and come to visit me at my blog.

Hope you all had a Creative Wednesday

Tracy

27 comments:

  1. omigosh. Your projects are AMAZING!!! and halloween is my absolute favorite holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to get to know you a bit Tracy. Congrats on the Designership(s)... awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE what you made! The colours (I try to remember to put the "u" in for you) and the images are spooky and sweet at the same time. Congrats again on the design team :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sush.... I'm supposed to be working but thought I would have a sneak to see what you were doing and wow I love the basket for treats and a great idea for the ice scream tub,

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow wow wow--your projects are just so amazing and i love all the halloween stuff!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! Super super cute stuff Tracy!! Is that ice cream container metal? If so, what kind is it? And your projects coordinate with your blog. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your project is perfect! I love everything about it. Thank you for letting me twist your arm to be on my blog! WOOHOO HALLOWEEN!

    ReplyDelete
  8. TRACY!!! These are absolutely AWESOME!!! I love the basket and the cards are spectacular! Great job and congratulations on the guest spot!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing projects, Tracy! Congratulations on being invited to be on a design team!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tracy,
    Wow girl, these are fantastic. Great jog on all of them
    Congrats to you
    Hugs, Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  11. What adorable Halloween projects! Love the basket.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tracy - your projects are so fantastically cute!
    I love them all!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations! Your projects certainly are worth being featured, so much fun! Can't believe October and Halloween are just right around the corner!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love all the goodies... The cards are amazing, but that goody box rocks. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the basket! And the cards are fantastic with the talents of your fabulous coloring! Congrats on Guest Designing :0) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Tracy, your creations today are just AMAZING! So unbelievable, they definitely got me on the Halloween crafty mood too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations Tracy! Fantastic work!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You went all out! You never disappoint me, Tracy. You're so talented, and so creative! I love everything here. Not surprising! Also not surprising that Nicole chose to feature you on her blog. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow!! Congrats! You made some great projects!! Very talented. Love your work!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love these! And those stamps are soo cute all inked up and colored!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Okay I love your stuff ya know that but your halloween is TDF!!! OMG! Send it to me! NOW! LOL J.K. but wouldn't send it back that is for sure. LOL I love it all and your coloring is aweSOME. BTW had to buy 5 more markers today. See you are a bad influence. LOL
    hugs,Pea

    ReplyDelete
  22. BTW, Congrats on your DT stuff. It doesn't surprise me one bit! LOL
    Hugs,Pea

    ReplyDelete
  23. I wish I got to see this sooner but I was bed ridden with yuckies so I'm just now seeing what's going on. Love your projects and I love that little goth one as well it's too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very cute Halloween creations, Tracy.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)