Thursday, August 16, 2012

All good things must come to an end.

My creative girls get away has come to an end :(
We enjoyed our 3 hour hike, many hour walks down the road, a hot tub or two every day and we each made 15 cards...30 all together.
Did we enjoy ourselves...you bet :)
I think I ran in and out of the hot tub at least 4 times to get this photo...me and the timer were not friends.















On our road walks we came across this sign at the end of one of the neighbours driveways.
Isn't this the sweetest thing. We helped our self to a cucumber and a zucchini. And yes the BBQ'd zucchini Debbie cooked was really good.
She put zesty Italian dressing and some Mrs. Dash with garlic on it and then put it on the grill, yummy.
I made the zucchini person a cute card, I put it in a ziplock bag and put it in her basket. I just wanted to show our appreciation.





















My girlfriend Debbie does not like spiders. Well this puppy was on the curtain beside her. Tracy to the rescue, lol.
Debbie doesn't like storms either. And we had a bit of a doozy last night. Pouring rain, thunder and lightning.
We waited until the rain stopped and then went in the hot tub. We had quite a show of lightning over the lake. Debbie was a bit nervous, she actually started to freak me out, lol.
So we went inside. I was thinking what if we got struck by lightning while we were in the hot tub. We would be in the newspaper as those stupid women who went in the hot tub in a storm and got struck by lightning, lol.





















Here are all of our 30 card we made this weekend. Notice that they are all coloured images :)
I will be sharing mine in closer detail as the weeks go by :)
We also went over the border for supper and to pick up a couple parcels I had.
Sadly the stamps I ordered didn't arrive yet :(
But I am going on my get away with my SIL and my daughters on Sunday so guess who's getting some new stamps :)















Every cottage has a guest book, and every year we write in it.
This is what I wrote this year. Don't pay attention to the spelling mistakes, we were walking out the door and the book didn't have spell check, lol.















This is what Debbie wrote, lol.

















Onto My Day:
Came back from my awesome creative getaway.
Cleaned up the house, cooked supper, did a load of laundry and hung it on the line outside.
Boy I wish I was still away, lol.
Then after supper Ashley and I went to the mall to look for something for me to wear at my niece's wedding for this Saturday.
I did pick up a dress, but not sure if I love it. Ashley bought a dress that she loved.

Hope you all had a creative Thursday :)

Tracy :)

26 comments:

  1. Hey, my hubby was in Thunder Bay this week for business! (Had to fly in.) I'm glad you had such a productive getaway! Mine is coming next month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So neat that your hubby was here, it really is a small world.
      Hope he enjoyed his stay :)

      Delete
  2. Yup wish I was still there...and did you have to tell everyone how much of a chicken I am?! Lol.....well never said I was perfect. After a busy day home.....going to do some creating again this weekend! Thanks for another one to put In my memory book! Luv ya, P.s. Germany's those are the spiders that bite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well they got to see how bad I am at spelling, lol.
      No creating for me this weekend, hope you enjoy yours.

      Delete
  3. Had to correct the above...Gerry said those Are the spiders that bite... You saved my life lol...you are my hero :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You so crack me up! So ashley talked you into the dress instead of the pants and top huh? Well you only have to wear it for a few hours and the main is the bride and groom/having a good time with famly!
    hugs,Pea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought a dress and a top. I still haven't decided which exactly though ;)

      Delete
  5. yea, that spider was a male and was in attack mode. front legs up and the pom poms on the front of his fangs make him a male. I agree with Debbie hate the little buggers but I am not afraid to kill them. not at all! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So male spiders have "pom poms" too eh, lol.
      I can't kill them, I hate the popping sound, gives me the shivers...so I flush the suckers down the loo ;)

      Delete
  6. Your weekend sounds lovely, you sure got a lot done, tfs

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW, you girls were productive! I have a schwack (is that a real word?) of stuff coming from CTMH next week! :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe that is a real word, teehee.
      I can't wait to get my hands on my new stamps. So exciting getting new goodies eh ;)

      Delete
  8. You girls were card making machines. All those coloured images...WOW! I am so impressed and look forward to the closeups.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow - looks like you all are having fun and wow! all your cards- very impressive

    ReplyDelete
  10. You got so many cards done! Look forward to seeing the detail. Looks like a perfect retreat - hiking, crafting and talking with a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! Look at all of those fabulous cards! Sounds like a nice time!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like you all had a fabulous getaway! Love all the cards you gals did.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad that you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like such fun! Glad it was a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like a fun and productive time.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What an awesome getaway! I love that you made the zucchini people a card - how sweet!

    I'm glad you didn't get struck by lightning in the hot tub! I don't like being out in lightening either. It started one day while AJ and I were walking home and we got so freaked out we started running and went into our next door building and crossed to ours through the garage!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like you had a great time, uhm except for the spider which creeped me out Yucky! I feel nice and relaxed just reading it. I can't believe your going on another little trip on Sunday and the wedding tomorrow. I really wish I had your summer! Note to self: Do NOT move and try to sell your house in the summer and not find camps to put your kids in. Only 3 weeks left and my kids go back to school and I can finally settle in to the new house knowing it is our ONLY house :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the view you see from the hot tub. Northern Ontario is just so beautiful.
    Our Nic hates spiders too. The other day he told me their dog ate one in his room. Who knows if it is true or not?

    ReplyDelete
  19. So happy you had such a wonderful time. I'm with Debbie though, no spiders and no lightening! Lol! I can't wait to see all your cards and i really hope we get to see a picture of you at that the wedding!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)