Friday, December 7, 2012

Hot Cocoa and some Scrappy shopping


What better way to start a winter trip then with a nice warm cup of Hot Chocolate from the Holiday gas station.
I have to tell you they have great hot chocolate....but you have to let it sit for a half hour or you will burn the dickens out of your mouth.





















I had a chuckle out of their display :)
During the holidays, Wayne likes to put the fire place channel on. It started out as a joke, but now it seem to be a tradition :) Their display reminded me of that.

I guess you are wondering where we were going?
We are in Minneapolis :)
The girls wanted to go on a little family vacation before the holidays and of course Wayne was all for it :)
I have so much to do at home....but what the heck, every time I think "oh this is going to be our last family vacation with my girls" then we sneak in another one :)





















So our first stop is always Cabela's. Wayne checks off his list and I pick up some fudge and better yet some Bear Claws...I save those for crafting snacks..a bite here and there, I can make those suckers last, lol.
I have to correct that...actually our first stop is Pine City Scrapbooking.
This is what I purchased from there :)
I have been looking for this E6000 glue for awhile now. I have never used it but hear it is really good stuff.
I was disappointed in this District Market note book by Tim Holtz. I should have opened it up first to really see what it was. I thought it would be tissue paper or even paper with these patterns on it....but its not, its just brown paper :(
I can see me hoarding the fabric tape measure though.  And loving the die :)





















Kristy got a kick out of the spray that was in the stores washroom, lol.





















I was so excited to go into Scrapbookers Too. I love this store, the lady that owns it is so nice and she remembers me every time I go in there.
Sadly when we pulled up there was a sign on the window that they were closing....I could see her inside the store, so went in to chat. Turns out they are closed (it was empty in there :( )  But she is going to work her dream job CHA. I am happy for her, but sad that I won't be able to shop there any longer.

So we dropped the girls off at Burnsville mall and Wayne and I headed to Joann's. I really didn't see anything that caught my eye.
But Wayne found me this Tim Holtz die. Ever since I had met Tim Holtz, Wayne has kept his out out for T.H. products, teehee.
Wayne also remembered how much I wanted the cricut cartridge for Tags, Bags Boxes and More, so he brought this one to my attention ;) 















We also went to a few other stores but I will share those with you tomorrow...just in case I can't find any other fun crafting supplies...like that's going to happen, lol.

I hope you have all had a creative Friday :)
It has been snowing here today. Hopefully tomorrow it will be a beautiful day :)

Tracy :)

9 comments:

  1. I am so sad for you! You will find another store. it is a huge city. surely there are more!
    Hugs,P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sucks for you, but exciting for her! I have seen the poo-pouring stores here. Apparently, it does work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good haul so far, can't wait to see the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous - enjoy your trip:-) And crafting spree:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. E6000 is great- I just fixed Harlee's cowgirl boot with it. Great stuff. Have fun shopping. Sorry to hear one of your shopping haunts is closed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't find any other crafting supplies, lol lol lol!!!!! Between you and Wayne I think you'll have all the crafting supplies bought between your house and Minneapolis!! ;) I'm glad you're getting a trip in with your girls I know how much you enjoy them. All your new goodies are awesome, especially that die, is it a flourish?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am loving all of your scrapping goodies!

    That is great that you were able to get a family vacation in! We still do them too - except now our family is a little more extended with AJ and Jamie :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Man! I am really sorry to hear about one of your favorite stores is closing :-( Good for the owner being a part of CHA but not so good for you and your shopping trips. You found some really great stuff!

    Love - Leslie

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)