Thursday, October 3, 2013

How do you store your Wood Mounted Stamps?

I'm hoping to entice you with some food, in exchange for your help :)
Looks good doesn't it...it was.
It was a Ruben melt from Applebees with mashed potatoes on the side :)
















Now for your help part :)
I am working on my wooden stamp storage.
I completed "my clear and rubber storage" in March....but now I am working on the wood mount storage.
Don't you think it needs a bit of work?  Teehee.
















I started with these containers I bought at the dollar store.
They are the same containers that I used for my clear stamp storage.
The middle container that is overflowing is just Christmas stamps.
I haven't labeled them, as I have not completed them yet.
















Here are my Stampin' Up wood mounted stamp.
Also some letter stamps in clear containers.

















Ohh but thats not all....
I have stacks of other stamps.
These don't show the Penny Black or House Mouse stamps I have.
















Can you believe at one time my stamps fit on these two shelves???
Neither can I.
I am thinking of keeping my background stamps on the top of the shelf, and then change out the others seasonally.
Like now, I could put up Fall or Halloween stamps on here.

















I have been checking YouTube, Pinterest and other sites for suggestions.
Most stampers are unmounting their stamps...I really don't want to do this.
I saw two suggestions I liked.
One lady put her wood mount stamps in Video Tape cases. They were clear so you could see the stamps, and she purchased them from the dollar store in a 5 or 10 set.
Another stamper made thin wood shelves around her room to display her stamps.
I like both ideas but not sure which one would work best for me.
I know I did a" post a few months back" about this as well.

So Please let me know, how do you store your Wood Mounted Stamps?

Went out for lunch today with Ashley, Heather and my SIL/friend Sharon.
We went to Michaels after lunch and can you believe I left there with 5 of their $1.50 wooden stamps, lol.
I hope you have a creative thursday :)

Tracy :)

15 comments:

  1. I keep my wooden stamps in an Iris cart. I do also have a wooden shelf like you where I display some.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agh! My first comment disappeared before I was done! :0/
    I have gotten rid of most of mine. I have maybe 6 SU! Sets left (the wood mounts) and am seriously considering selling them as I cannot remember the last time I used them! I have some clear ones to use yet and some unity rubbers to use, but as you now, they are all unmounted. I am not much help. :0(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have bought the new wood mount cases from SU! and they work great on my wooden shelf. They are the same size as the clear mount, just thicker. I have a picture of my shelf here if you want to take a peek http://scrapworxstampin.blogspot.ca/2013/07/woyww-213.html
    I'm too lazy to unmount them all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wish i could help but i never got into the wooden stamps. i have a couple but they are in a drawer and i am thinking of selling them in my next scrap garage sale.
    hope you find a way to store them. have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  5. I store all my stamps including individual wood mounts and those in cases in baskets according to type. A basket for backgrounds, a basket for letters, a basket for nature theme, etc. Good luck on your search!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am not a big stamper and have one big woven basket of stamp sets...95 percent of them being Stampin Up...so unfortunately I don't have much in the way of suggestions, but good luck...I am sure you will come up with a wonderful solution!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lol, you bought more stamps! I store mine on a shelf, I don't have very many :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. My husband built a wall unit for me, and it looked really simple to do. http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5538/10086903846_8da09c16f7_o.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  9. Unfortunately, I store mine in a drawer and a box. Lol. Not very efficient! Pain to dig through them! I have a very small space to work with. I do love the sound of the video case idea though. I might have to look into that so I actually use all the wood stamps I have.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Tracy...I have mine in two sets of 5 drawer iris cart towers that I bought at Costco a few days ago.

    Sadly, they are full and I have new ones since then! I have them 2 layers deep and each drawer is a different theme. The themes match the themes I use for my embellies and patterned paper.
    Hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Tracy...I have mine in two sets of 5 drawer iris cart towers that I bought at Costco a few days ago.

    Sadly, they are full and I have new ones since then! I have them 2 layers deep and each drawer is a different theme. The themes match the themes I use for my embellies and patterned paper.
    Hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! How many?! I store my wooden stamps in the 12 by 12 scrapbook plastic boxes I don't have that many - so all my Christmas ones are in one and miscellaneous in another - works for me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your food looked yummy!

    Mine are not stored well...they are in a cube in my Ikea expedit, but they are very hard to find. So I end up not using them as often as I like!

    I'm hoping you've finished this project already so I get some better ideas! (You know, because I'm 3 weeks behind lately!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I store my wood stamps in iris drawers as well. I try to keep it to just stacks within each shallow drawer. Like you, unmounting them is not an option. I enjoy looking at them and it reminds me of the early days of stamping, paper crafting and scrapping :) remember those wood display stamp shelves by Rubber Stampede that stamp stores used to display the stamps they sold? I have a couple of those and I had local carpenters copy and make me a couple more. So I store my wood stamps there as well. They're very pretty to look at and inspires me to use them. They're a pain to dust though LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sorry I meant, keeping it to just 2 stacks within each shallow drawer :) for other drawer ideas, I've seen people store their wood stamps in ikea's Helmar drawers and Alex drawers. I wouldn't mind that system because it allows you to see and categorize your stamps per drawer and keeps them dust free. Also, because the Helmar is made of metal and Alex is wood, they wouldn't buckle from the weight of the wood stamps. Anyways, maybe something to think about? :) happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)