Thursday, January 9, 2014

December Daily 23 - 25 And a soup recipe

Here are a few more pages from my December Daily.
Days 23 and 24














Day 23
The photo in the bottom left is the front of Ashley house with her outdoor Christmas tree and garland wrapped front steps.






















I did have quite a few photos for the 24th as we spend the evening celebrating it with Wayne's side of the family…and he has a pretty big family.
But I thought I would save those photos for a 12x12 layout and decided to keep this page about just us :)






















Day 25
Merry Christmas :)













Day 25 Morning
I was so happy that Ashley came over at 7:00am so we could all be together Christmas morning :)
These page photos are so blurry.
I used some really cute dimensional stickers on the journaling.






















Day 25 Christmas Evening
Was spent with my side of the family.
There is only my brother, sister and I (as well as our children) still living in the same town, so I put these photos in here. I do have 3 other siblings, but they live in different provinces..would love if we could all get together for Christmas one year.
Again I used one of these cute dimensional stickers….I think I picked them up at the dollar store many years ago.






















You may think that this is the end of my December Daily, but nope. We celebrate right to New Years, so I make my DD for the whole month.
I will share those last pages tomorrow.

Onto My Day:
I was planning on cleaning my craft room, but I didn't get down there.
What I did do most of the day was make this soup.
It is Wild Rice, bacon, chicken and mushroom soup.
It is delicious….but takes a while to make.
Here is the recipe.  http://pinchofyum.com/chicken-bacon-wild-rice-soup
I do a few things differently…for one I soak my wild rice over night.
The measurements for her rue was to thick, so I used equal parts butter and flour.
I also fry up some mushrooms.
Lastly, I don't add the Sherry or pimiento.






















I hope you all had a creative Thursday :)

Tracy :)

12 comments:

  1. awesome pages!! the photos are great

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you got your Dec, daily done in record time. It looks great. Maybe I can start this weekend now I have some down time. Your soup sounds yummy. I could have used some after working all day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you have done a lot of pages. They look awesome. I love recipes and your soup looks amazing.minus the chicken though for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pages are fabulous, your penmanship is awesome. the soup sound really yummy, I like that you also made it your own with the "tweaking" of the recipe. I have sherry in the fridge and will put a little in my french onion soup when I make it. Nothing better on a cold winter day than home made soup.

    ReplyDelete
  5. More great pages, love that you mat your photos, gives it such a clean look! That soup looks tasty, may have to try that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pages and that soup sound delish!!!!! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This soup looks great! I'll have to try it!

    Your December Daily pages look wonderful too. I like how you decided to do the page about your family, and leave the other pictures for a 12x12 layout!

    ReplyDelete
  9. More fab pages and the soup sounds delicious. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  10. I still really like the picture of of all the girls in the same jammies

    Awesome Tracy !

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like that you kept the 24th about the five of you :) and I like that your December daily is for the whole month. It is called DECEMBER daily. Lol! Your soup looks and sounds delicious! My craft room needs a thorough cleaning, but I'm getting to that :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)