Friday, January 31, 2014

Valentines Treat Pocket Class…using up your scraps

I am going to finally share my class project that I am going to teach at the Scrap for Heart crop I am attending this Saturday….wow that is tomorrow :)

Because the teachers are all volunteering their time and supplies for these classes, (as this is a charity event for the Heart and Stroke foundation) I had to come up with something, quick, inexpensive and (hopefully) fun.
So I came up with these Valentines Treat Pockets.
Of course you can make them any theme you like, but decided on Valentines as it is the next holiday :)

I used envelopes and paper scraps….now I know we all have a few of those laying around :)
The pocket in the middle I put treats in, but the one on the end I will use for a pocket in my scrapbook or Smash book :)
I am linking this project up to Paper Issue, "Fill 'er Up" Challenge

















As an added bonus, I made a video on how i made these and also how I mad the accordion embellishment out of a cupcake wrapper.
Here is a link to this project on my
YouTube Channel Tracy's Treasures24

I hope you all had a very creative Friday.
I am off to get ready for FNS and double checking my bags for the crop tomorrow.
I keep thinking I haven't brought enough supplies as one of my bags is only 1/2 full.

Tracy :)

16 comments:

  1. Lovely pocket. I'm sure they will love it at the crop !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute treat pocket holders. Enjoyed the video

    ReplyDelete
  3. Watched the video last night , fabulous. Love the pocket cards, The ladies at the crop will just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute project, I'm sure it will be a hit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous video and love that you use up those envelopes. Your treat/journal pockets are wonderful. Have fun today and a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute are these! Great idea for a class, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tracy, these ate soooo awesome! I wish I could take your class

    ReplyDelete
  8. The valentine treat pockets look so cute, its a great idea for using scraps :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those Valentine treat pockets look adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I bet those ladies had the most fun ever taking your class!! Just finished your video and I love the envelope treat pouches, such a smart idea. And thank you for sharing the the cupcake wrapper flower!! (Squinch might be my new favorite word, Lol)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have put a link on my blog to share what I did with your fabulous class, thanks Tracy for sharing your talent x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved being able to see what you did in your class! This is awesome! And you are awesome for continuing the video after the camera and hot water heater problems! I would have been too freaked out!

    And thanks for the cupcake wrapper tip - I have so so many of them laying around, and never thought of using them in my crafting (at least, not that I remember!)

    ReplyDelete
  13. They turned out adorable! I have ONE card made. Still have to make for the kids and my students!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)