Friday, March 21, 2014

Manicure Touch Up

I was so impressed with how long my manicure lasted.
I did a base coat, 2 coats of polish and a top coat.
I has lasted me 15 days
And it got a work out organizing Lynne's craft room, my dungeon, painting in kitchen and just the wear and tear of everyday cleaning and crafting :)

I didn't really want to go through all of the bother of taking it off and redoing them today….so I thought I would cheat ;)






















I thought I would sponge on a dark colour to cover up the tips.
If it didn't work, not a big deal, but at least I could try.
I grabbed my polish.
Then I read somewhere about using paper reinforcements to get a nice clean look for a french manicure.
I also punched a half circle out of paper to put behind my nail so I wouldn't have a mess on the sides of my fingers.
I didn't like the reinforcements as they were to rounded for my nail tips.
I didn't need the punched paper as my nails are long enough that the polish didn't touch the sides of my fingers…but that would have worked if my nails were shorter.






















Here is the end result :)
I did touch up the bottoms of my nails because they grew since I did my nails, they needed to be touched up again.
I wonder how many days I can get out of this touch up ;)






















Wayne took the day off today, so we ran some errands.
I saw these at Superstore and they were 1/2 off ($4.99 each).
The lid has a magnet on the top so when your polish is wet, you use the lid and get this fun effect to your nail polish.
I think I will try this for my next manicure :)






















I hope you all had a creative Friday :)
I am having my ladies over for FNS (Friday Night Scrapbooking). We have a new lady joining us, Donna, and she has just picked herself up a nice collection of Copics. I can't wait to share some images with her to colour up :)

Tracy :)

12 comments:

  1. Love the touch-up..can't believe your manicure held up for that long too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh I can't even get a clear coat to stay on 24 hours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great nails can't believe that it lasted that long. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your manicure. Hope you had a great night for FNS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these!!!! That is quite the long time for your manicure to last!! Usually when I get one chip, I start picking at mine and it's down hill from there :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A manicure done right will last, and your "recipe" was perfect. love your touch up and the new polish you bought looks like it will be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe what a great job of the touch-up :) Love the darker ends. and you should be good for 10 days to 2 weeks I bet! Hope you had fun with your group :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful nails and love the tips. Hope you had a great night last night.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so cool!

    I am totally jealous about how long your manicure lasted! I did mine for a wedding the night before and it chipped by morning! So I re did it morning of and it chipped the next day! So not cool :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. I feel really lucky if mine last 5 days and that is why I rarely have a manicure....good for you!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)