Sunday, June 15, 2014

Happy Father's Day

Happy Father's Day to all those dads, stepdads and all the men that have been a part of  a child's life, I hope you had a wonderful day :)


I'm not sure if I had shared this card before. I was at a Stampin' Up get together and this is one of the cards that we had made.
I love how it turned out.






















I needed to make one for Wayne's dad, and because I liked the one we had made with the demonstrator, I wanted to recreate it with the supplies I had at home.






















Of course  I didn't have everything (actually nothing) that the demonstrator had, so I improvised ;)
I know this photo is a bit blurry, but you get the idea.

















I am thankful to have had 2 dads in my life.
I was lucky enough to be loved by both, and to know that I was loved by both.
Most girls are lucky to have 1 dad in their lives, I was double lucky to have these two in my life :)











I also want to give a shout out to my husband Wayne :)
He has taught our daughters how important family time is, with our love of road trips.
He has taught our daughters to have a great sense of humour, even if that means I get teased ;)
He has taught our daughters the importance of being punctual, to the exact minute.
He has taught our daughters the importance of having an great work ethic.
And most importantly (to them) he has taught them the love of video games and to play like a pro ;)
Thank you Wayne for being a Great Dad.

















I saved my can of Coke for today.
I really wanted this yesterday, but saved it for today as the girls had a day of treats and movies planned  for Father's Day.
When Wayne and I came home from our cottage the girls had homemade pancakes and strawberry sauce waiting for us on the table.
Then they picked out a bunch of movies for Wayne to pick from and our living room table was full of junk food.
It rained most of the day, we even had a bit of thunder and lightening, so I think this was a perfect Father's Day for Wayne :)

I hope you had a Creative Day :)

Tracy :)


12 comments:

  1. Two more great cards...and yes...I do think you did a fab job of recreating the Stampin" Up card with what you had!
    Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope Wayne had a great day. Love how your cards turned out. I really have trouble with men's cards. But your look great :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards!! Looks like you all had a great day

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you did an awesome job with the card! It definitely gives the same feel as the card you made in class!! Love them both. What an awesome father's day for Wayne :) I know he loved every second!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both cards are fab, Tracy, and it sounds like a great Father's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous masculine cards! Love them both. And great tribute to your 2 dads and to Wayne. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice job on your cards. Hope Wayne enjoyed his Father's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds like a perfect day to me! Hope Wayne enjoyed it! Love the cards you made! I'm sure the dad's love them! It's funny, mothers-day in Belgium is held on the same day, but we celebrate fathers-day 1 week before you guys...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your duplicate card as well as the demonstrator's card! Your celebration for father's day sounded wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It does sound like a perfect day!
    The cards are fantastic. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two fabulous cards. And what wonderful photos and memories to share. Wonderful post. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love both of the cards. They are great!

    It sounds like the girls planned a great Father's Day celebration!

    This was a wonderful post about the wonderful men you have in your life :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)