You all have been very intrigued on why I wanted an old dictionary.
Well today you find out, lol.
I found this old dictionary at the thrift store…which at even $3.00 was too much to pay, lol.
As you can see it doesn't have a front cover.
Here is the back cover…which I love the feel and vintage look to it.
But it is falling apart :(
Heather suggested I make my own cover for it…and make it into a hard cover.
Which I know how to do, but just want to work in it.
But what sold me on the, too high of price, dictionary are the inside pages.
I really really love the yellowed papers…..even though they are close to following out of the book, lol.
Tonight I did my first page.
I took a word from the dictionary "nest" and stamped my image.
Most people draw their images, but because that is not one of my strong points and I have a lot of stamps, I decided to stamp my image.
The paper is very porous and the ink (Archival) not only sunk into the paper, it also seemed to bleed a bit.
I then used my Stampin' Up markers to colour in the image.
I added the colour on an acrylic block and picked it up with my wet paint brush.
I also did some line work because the ink made the image look like it smeared.
I had to draw the tree as there was another image on that page that took away from my stamp, so I decided to colour over it and make it look like a tree.
Even though the tree looks like an arm that needs its underpits shaved, lol.
I think I will try and draw my next image and maybe it will look more clear…we will see.
Thank you all so much for joining me today, I hope you all had a very Creative Thursday :)