Saturday, May 2, 2015

Inter-National Scrapbooking Day

Today was international Scrapbooking Day…..a day just for us Scrapbookers.  Now don't you feel special :)
Guess what I did today…scrapbook of course….silly.
My friend and I made a couple of embellishments for our layouts.























I then added faux stitching and gold embossing, as I wanted it to match a manufacturers embellishment on the opposite page.






















Here I am…I got my scrappy on ;)
Don't mind the messy table or the blurry photo….my friend isn't used of the iPhone, lol






















Here is my scrappy partner in crime, Lynne :)
Not sure what my face is doing in this photo, lol.
Another blurry photo…but I am really not good at selfies……notice the hand in the photo as well ;)
I even cropped out most of my hand from the photo, lol.



















Lynne and I were both working on our scrapbooking kits from a couple of years ago, from Crop & Create.
The kits had all of the papers, embellishments and detailed cut lists and instructions.
It was really fun to work on the same project.

Lynne and I both only seem to do 2 page layouts.
This kit came with one 2 page layout, two 1 page layouts and 4 cards.
So we made the one page layouts, into 2 page layouts….I always do this if there is a kit like this.
That is one of the reasons we made our own embellishments :)
I am an expert at making the most out of paper, so that helped with making our paper work for 2 page spreads :)

I hope you all had a very Creative Scrapbooking Day.
Did you celebrate it?
If you did, how?

Tracy :)
I'm off to watch the Big Fight


6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun day. It's nice to have a partner in crime. I coloured this afternoon after a fun morning of yard sales.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun you got to spend the day scrapping with a friend, Tracy! I had high hopes for playing along with challenges, but it didn't work out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the embellishments! The gold embossing and stitching look awesome!! Love all that liaising, really gets me all jazzed up, lol! I met some friends for lunch yesterday and then I worked on my vacation album for a bit! After I moved my scrapbook desk. Now I can see out the window AND the TV. I am so damn smart, but why didn't I do that before?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's been years since I've worked on a scrapbook. I really should. For awhile, we did photo books but it's not the same as flipping through a chunky page full of embellishments and journalism. I used to make scrapbook for others, maybe I should go back to doing it again. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like you had a great time with your friend!! I sadly didn't get to craft at all. It's been too many months to count that I've actually made a scrapbook layout!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks as if you had a great creative day :-)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)