Saturday, May 23, 2015

My Day in Photos...Cottage Edition

Today was a full day.
Even though I was busy, time went by slow. How often does that happen?!
We started the day off with putting a Head Rack on our truck and recharging the quad batteries......when I say "we" I mean Wayne. I was still sleeping ;)

We took down the storm windows.... When I say "we" I actually mean we. 
I went for a couple of short walks. 
Put the patio furniture out, the solar lights out and the deck swing. 
We did a whole lot of other chores around the cottage as well. 
I think we are now all ready for the new season :)
Who says you can't eat healthily at camp :) 
These were so yummy for supper. Wayne enjoyed a hamburger and I, a smokie. No bun for me though. 
We enjoyed a quad ride.

I could ride this for hours. 
We also put new mirrors on our quads. 
Since Wayne broke his wrist last year ... by looking behind him to see where I was and by doing that, hit a stump and snapped his wrist back.....I think it was a great idea. 
I had mirrors on my quad, but I like the new ones so much more....as my quad is 16 yrs old so were my mirrors. 
These ones are so clear. Plus they are mounted on the handle bars so easier to see who is behind me.    

This is what a bus looks like after it has hit a moose.
Luckily no one was hurt....but the moose. 
If you are not familiar with a moose, they are huge animals.
Sadly many get hit on our highways. Mind you many of them walk away from the accident. 

Now we are heading to the sauna to ease our muscles.
Then I am hoping to write in some of my journals. 

Hope you all had a very creative day. 

Tracy :) 

10 comments:

  1. liebe tracy, ich wünsche dir herrliche tage auf dem camp....passt schön auf euch und die elche auf...
    ruth..chen;-))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here is Ruth's comment translated:
      Love Tracy , I wish you wonderful days at the camp .... fits nicely on you and the moose on ...
      ruth..chen ;-) )

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a good ratio of work to play. Good plan with the new mirrors. Great bunch of pictures and glad no one but the moose was hurt. A friend had a wild turkey fly out at her it dented the van she got out hoping for turkey dinner but it wasn't hurt either. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you got a lot done Saturday! And your salad looks delicious! We ran errands in the morning and the I started work on a couple of fabric midoris! we live in an area where there are a lot of deer and those suckers can do a lot of damage, but holy crap, that bus is crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are enjoying your weekend! As you know we have lots of wild life here to be on the lookout for.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like a wonderful day!! The salad looks yummy!! Gosh, I'm glad no one was hurt in the bus/moose collision. Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was a busy day ! wow -
    love camping season!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! You got lots done...
    We have pruned the trees, untied the cedar hedges, mowed and trimmed the edges...with scissors as the edger broke!.Raked up 8 garbage cans of leaves, blew the lot with the electric blower and then raked up and shovelled all the blown crud...Another garbage can...
    Oh yeah...we was DH!
    We then put up the gazebo and unscrewed all the shelves etc in the bunk house as this little old we is going to patch, sand and paint the walls. At least I hope to!

    See if you can find a Xmas project...you must have something! I know you like to make other crafts too!
    My prize is so nice this month!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! You got lots done...
    We have pruned the trees, untied the cedar hedges, mowed and trimmed the edges...with scissors as the edger broke!.Raked up 8 garbage cans of leaves, blew the lot with the electric blower and then raked up and shovelled all the blown crud...Another garbage can...
    Oh yeah...we was DH!
    We then put up the gazebo and unscrewed all the shelves etc in the bunk house as this little old we is going to patch, sand and paint the walls. At least I hope to!

    See if you can find a Xmas project...you must have something! I know you like to make other crafts too!
    My prize is so nice this month!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that you share your times at the cottage!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)