Sunday, March 26, 2017

My 14 hour Scrapbooking Crop

I love to have my friends over to create with me.
So a few times a year I like to host a big crop.
Yes, I still have Friday Night Scrapbooking at my house every week, but I like to host a big get together a few times a year :)

I also love to decorate for these crops :)
This wood backdrop I made for Ashley's wedding.
I have seemed to claim it for my use now, teehee.
I set this up at the bottom of the stairs before entering the rec room where we craft.






















Sending out invites is a must so everyone remembers when it is.
So I made an event on Facebook and used this photo of one of the insides of my cards I had made a few years ago.
I just put it in picmonkey and added the wording..easy.




















I had these tissue medallions from a previous crop I held, but I wanted to change them up a bit.
I just added some large paper doilies behind them and voila, I gave them new life ;)
















I have so much old scrapbooking paper that I decided to make some of these large and small medallions out of some of it.
Even ugly paper looks pretty this way :)
Oh and note to self...when they keep falling off and you need to add stronger tape, don't use duct tape as when it is time to take them down....you pull off your wall paint as well, lol.
Good thing I was planning on painting this room soon anyway.

















These letters as well as the "artists" were left over from banners I had made for my daughter Ashley's bridal shower.
No, I never get rid of anything, lol.
Anyone need a couple of huge bags full of pink tissue paper flowers ;)
















Here are some of the ladies that attended.
2 of my friends weren't able to make it..but my friend Lesli came by the night before :)
1 of the ladies had to leave early, so she missed the group photo.
















I like to do giveaways as the day goes along.
Here is my friend Denise with her winning...a smashbook.
I gave away Smashbooks, large collapsable totes, a scrapbook with a co-ordinating kit and a scrapbook storage binder.
I also put out a "take what you want" box.
I think next time I might set up a table so everyone can set out their products that they don't want anymore.























Oh look we had a cute little visitor as well :)
My grandson Sawyer came to check out the ladies.
So happy he didn't make strange with anyone :)






















Everyone had a chance to hold him...at least once ;)






















My friend Lynne, kept losing her stuff.
I don't know how long she searched for her letter "A".
I offered her the one from my kit, but she found it, lol.






















As much as we chat and laugh....we do actually get some crafting done.
The last few crops I have hosted, I have set up another table beside this one, so we would have more room...but no one wants to move from this table.
We are a close bunch.
So the table I set up, we put out our dishes. As it was pot luck and everyone brought something yummy to share.

















Donna gave me this beautiful plant, I was so happy when it bloomed :)
And Denise made me this sweet card.






















I can't not express how much I love to host these.
Not only do I love to see my friends and create with them, but it is so much fun having them in my home.
Love these ladies.

Tracy :)

8 comments:

  1. You're the hostess with the mostest!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you all had a great time!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures, it looks like a fun time was had by all...did you get anything finished?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I missed my friends, Sawyer, crafting, swearing, prizes, swearing, food, swearing, talking dirty, and you. Looks like you had fun you bunch of Feckers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun Fun Fun! I've said it before & I will say it again, I wish I lived closer so I could invite myself over to a crop of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you are adjusting to your new heart meds and that wayne has recovered a bit...Poor fellow!
    Your crop looks wonderful. Wish I lived near you as I would love to attend!
    The decorations look great and the card and plant from your friends were well deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the way you decorated for your crop... Looks like it was fun for everyone!

    Theresa
    Theresa's Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous photos and looks like you had a fab time.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)