Thursday, August 23, 2018

Adventures Await.... Art journal page

I have a few groups of friends that are into art journaling and we give out challenges to keep us motivated to try new things.
This is our 4th challenge and I was to pick the theme.
I wanted us to use a girl image and something that represents you.

Here is my take on the challenge:















I created this page during the May long weekend that my daughters and I spent at my friend Sharon's camp.
What represents me is reading and writing. I love to do both.
And I love these gorjuss girl images.















I really like the vintage look that distress inks give me.
I started with inking the pages and then stamping, also with distress ink, using a script stamp.






















And to make it look even more vintage I also inked around the edges of the pages.
It is a lot of work, but so worth it for the look I wanted.























That was...until I dropped the ink pad...oops.























I made a miniature  book for my girl to hold.
It also has pages that can be flipped :)
I wanted a bigger girl and also didn't want to bring my markers on this crafty get away, so I printed up an already coloured image and enlarged it to the size I wanted.























I used the Tim Holtz typewriter die to cut out the vintage typewriter and added a pattern paper with typed words on it to the die cut piece.
The books are from my stamps that I stamped and again enlarged, and coloured with some distress inks.

















Here again is my completed page.
I really like how it turned out and this does show my interests.

















Here are everyone's challenge pieces who took on this challenge.
I love how they are all so different even though we all followed the same challenge.

I hope you all enjoyed a peek into my art journal and hope you all have a very creative day.

Tracy 💗💗💗

8 comments:

  1. Oh what a lovely page you've created; I really like that distressed book page a lot. Thanks for sharing these lovely challenge pages. I haven't done Art Journaling in quite a while...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute page! Love the distress look!
    Have a great day!
    Marilyn❤

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pages, it really does represent you! One day I will attempt a journal page, since I have lots of journals. one question do you gesso your pages before you start?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barbara
      To answer your question sometimes I gesso and sometimes I don't....big help right, lol.
      For this page I did not gesso as I used distress inks and personally I don't use gesso when using distress inks.
      I use gesso when I really want to muck around like when using art crayons or paints as then I can move the mediums around or remove some with a baby wipe.

      Delete
  4. Your pages look so amazing!! The distressed look and the adorable image are fabulous!! And I love the books and typewriter!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your finished page is perfection. I've seen at Michaels a stamp of faceless girls & I must say I am tempted after seeing many of your girls stamped on a page.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this page - it is very you !
    I love the background you created and the way you blew up the gorgus girl. I didn't know you had a typewriter die! I will need to go through your goodies closer!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic journal pages! I totally LOVE the vintage look you were going for... so PRETTY!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)