Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Christmas Cards 2017

My Christmas cards are completed and out in the mail.
I kept it simple again this year..very simple.

If these look familiar to you, its because I made a set of my Christmas tags with this cute image.
Also Sharon from Scrapbook Cottage, made a gift card, card like this at the make N take at Crop & Create.

I love this stamp from Lawn Fawn called "Here we go a Waddling"...so cute right!
I put the cute little Penguins on a tag and coloured them in with my Copic markers.






















I used older papers for the background of these cards.
My creative friends can take the tags off of these cards to use in a different project if they choose to.






















To even make things easier this year, I stamped 8 images on my Copic colouring paper.
I made sure that I had room to cut them into tags.
I then coloured the sheet of stamped images.
Lastly....I photocopied these stamped images on the high quality setting on my printer and on a good quality paper.
Voila, I have coloured images I just needed to cut into tags!
I have done this before and loved how they had turned out.
But putting your printer on the highest quality setting is the key, I can't tell the difference in the ones I colour to the ones I printed!!












The second time I went to print out my set of coloured images, I forgot and pushed blank and white copy, lol.
They are still usable as I can add colour to the book and the trip of their hats..I can also add some sparkle to their hats.












The second mistake I made was I stamped the inside sentiment incorrectly.
I was using my Tim Holtz stamp press (which I have to say I love!)
I think I put this card in upside down, lol.
So I cut the front pannel off and adhered it to a new card base and re-stamped the inside of this card...correctly ;)























Those are my cards for this year :)
I hope they put a smile on the faces of those receive them :)
Here is a video I made on these cards.
If you would rather watch it on my YouTube channel, just click on the link "Tracy's Treasures24"



Have a very Creative day!

Tracy :)

5 comments:

  1. They look cute! And I've done the upside down inside stamping a time or two myself! LOL I think it just happens! In fact I think I placed my cardfront upside down once too... Ugh... a crafters life I tell ya! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute cards & brilliant rescue of the upside down stamp. Sometimes those artful rescues become the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute cards Tracy, love that they can use the tags!! Love you're bloopers too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great colouring - Cant wait to get mine !

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)