Sunday, October 28, 2018

Happy 2nd Birthday Master Sawer

It was my Grandson's 2nd birthday.
How has 2 years gone by so fast!?!





















I made Sawyer this birthday card as his birthday was a construction theme.
The base is done the same way I did his banner....which I share below.
I used distress ink (on watercolour paper) for the background and then flicked water on it with just my fingers.
I did the sandy ground the same way as the sky, but popped it up for dimension.
The truck and sign are pop up stickers ;)























Sawyer wasn't up to celebrating his birthday....its okay honey, lots of people don't like birthdays either, teehee.
Actually he woke up with a cough and his molars are coming in.
He was good all day, except when his mommy wanted to get a little photo shoot in and when we tried to sing Happy Birthday to him.























Sawyer's Aunty Heather gave him some Lego's and built him a giraffe which he loved.
 






















I made Sawyer a birthday banner for his party.
I started with hand cutting 40 banners.
20 orange and 20 smaller ones in black.























Ashley wanted the banners to have a construction look to them.
I didn't have construction looking paper, so I made some.
I used some orange cardstock and added some diagonal stripes with a thick black marker.























I then adhered the black card stock.























I then used my cricut to cut out the letters.....that is about the only thing I do use my cricut for.

















Here is the completed banner!!
Well I did add some of those dimensional stickers on some of the banner pieces.























Sawyer was much happier at his kiddie birthday party.
We did skip singing "Happy Birthday" though.

Hope you all have a great creative day.

Tracy 💗💗💗

4 comments:

  1. Happy (belated) Birthday to Sawyer. I like your banner & I like the Lego giraffe - crafty runs in the family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw he is just so adorable--happy to see his "Birthday Blues" went away--legos will do that for you, I hear lol hugs, lovely banner Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your banner turned out beautifully

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww... How SWEET!! Adorable card and fun Banner! It turned out perfect and that little guy is just to cute! Happy Birthday Sawyer!! :)

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)