Sunday, January 4, 2015

Creative Journal/Planner

I have shared with you how I am keeping my personal journal, with my "Fauxbonichi".
I have shared with you how I am keeping my home planner, with my "Day-Timer planner"
So today I thought I would share with you how I am keeping my Creative journal.
I used this same book last year, but it kind of took a backseat in my creative planning.
But when I look back to what I did do in here, I knew I wanted to add this to my planning set up for 2015.
If you take a good look, you can see I added tabs to the top for 2014 and also for 2015.






















I used the 2015 Creative Calendar from Scrapbook & Cards Today.
I love this planner, as I had one last year as well.
Now how to combine both the calendar/planner pages into my planner.
I did this last year as well. If you want a closer look in how I did this, just click on the link here "My Creative Journal Altered".


















Like I mentioned above, I just love the Scrapbook & Cards Today  planner and wanted to add it to my Creative planner.
Not only do I love the calendar, but I also love the blocks on the back of the pages…but I won't be showing that today, teehee.
Today I am showing you how I tweaked the Goals page up to suit my needs.

I wanted a page to record my Creative Goals for this year.
This page was perfect…well almost perfect ;)
The heading on the banners didn't suit my creative planning needs, so I had to alter them.






















The prompts were:
Personal Goals
Things to do
Places to go
















I was just going to use my label maker with the white tape to cover up the words.
Turns out, I used up the last of my white label tape on my other planners this weekend, teehee.
I went to my paper scraps file and found a pretty close match to the banners.
I then used my clear tape in my label maker and typed out my prompts.
They are:
Creative Goals
Monthly Challenges
New Techniques
I then started to fill in my Creative goals for 2015!!






















I have been working in my planners and working on my goals in detail this weekend.
I have also worked on some time management, to better achieve these goals this year.
I will be sharing what and how I have been working towards them this week :)

Did you make goals this year?
If you did, did you organize your goals to make them more manageable so you can succeed with them?

I hope you all had a very Creative Sunday :)

Tracy :)

10 comments:

  1. You have quite the organizers going on!! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use of planners. I make goals and I have a design team planner book, I won't be showing it as I am a messy writer and things get scratched out and re-done and notations added for when I type my blog, that is so I don't have to run all over the house to find out what the name of something is. lol. Messy or not it keeps me on track.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so organized, Tracy! Good luck with improving time management and reaching your goals! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome organization!! Wish I was that organized

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you used your lable maker on the sub headings!! I'm trying to add a monthly goal in my planner this year. We'll see how it goes :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have come very close to buying that SCT planner several times, but then decided not to because I was afraid I wouldn't use it. But I love how you altered it to fit your needs!
    I have a not so fancy notebook that I am making oodles of lists in for 2015. Lots of goals but separated into (hopefully) manageable sections. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea this is!! Awesome way to keep organized!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful little planner, you are so very organized!

    ReplyDelete
  9. you are so creative -
    I jsut need to find the time -
    sitting at my desk for the first time in weeks thinking I want to but I really have to drive kids around in less than 2 hours ... grrrr

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tracy, you are so organized! Cute ideas to customize your books. Best wishes for maintaining your goals!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)