Thursday, January 1, 2015

Fauxbonichi: New month New Year :)

Remember my "Fauxbonichi" from the other day?
I am finished with that journal and started my new one.
I have seen so many using this grid journal made by Miquelrius from Barns and Noble.
I picked 2 up on our last trip.

Well today being the first of the month, I got to work on mine.
Believe me when I tell you how much I was over thinking this, lol.
This book has 300 pages (yes I counted them), so that means 600 sides.
But I like to washi tape 2 pages together, so that equals 150 pages, or 300 sides.
Which also means not enough for the full year…plus my monthly calendar pages.
I really don't need a calendar page…but I want one, teehee.
So after hours of over-thinking and whining to my friends, I think I may have figured it out :)
I am going to adhere my pages together with the washi tape, but for some months I will put pattern paper on one side (as I don't really care for bleed through and don't like to worry about which markers I can use) I will also add washi tape to the edges of those pages so they all look cohesive from the edge.

















Now that wasn't my only problem…
I had to figure out the spacing for the blocks, as this is a different size than my Moleskine journal.
After I was happy with the spacing of the blocks and added my (overpriced) week day stickers, I grabbed a calendar to get the numbers on the blocks correctly.
Well look at this….Yup, I got distracted and just started add the Heidi Swapp rub-on numbers.
Now these suckers are here to stay.
I tried to scrape them off with the tip of my scissors…nope they are stuck good.
But how to fix them?

















There is a blank page in the front of this book.
I added some personal information, so if anyone finds this in 200 years they will know who's journal this was ;)
On the back side of that page I added some pattern paper and this quote I printed up.
I love this statement.
It had 2014 for the year, but I just covered it up and used my label maker to write out this year :)






















Now lets take a closer look at these over-priced stickers I purchased at Typo.
I think they do work perfectly for this space though ;)

















I just used my stamps for the Date at the top.
See how I corrected my rub-on error.
I used another set of rub-ons and adhered them to some snowflakes on some pattern paper.
I then punched out the snowflakes with my Martha Stewart snowflake corner punch.
I really like how they look :)
A mistake isn't always a mistake, it is just a way to be more creative ;)

















I have done a bit more stamping on my days, but I will share that on a video come month end.
I will also add my goals to the left of the page :)

















Are you keeping a journal this year?
I have really enjoyed writing in my Fauxbonichi these last 2 months.

I hope you all had a very Creative 1st day of the year :)
I did, I have all my supplies scattered around me and on the couch to prove it, teehee.

Tracy :)

10 comments:

  1. Oh WOW! I'm the first to comment?! Yippy Skippy! I love what you have done on the grid paper. I really like your rub on fix...with the snowflake punches and renumbering. Girl...you are really creative. I love your washi tape and stuff at the top with January.

    Happy New Year to you and your family.
    Hugs to you - Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your book is so pretty! Mine isn't going to be pretty because I just want to be able to get what I did that day down on my book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great, Tracy, and creative fix to the misplaced numbers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your book looks so awesome!! Have fun filling in the pages :) Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your book looks fabulous:D

    Happy New Year:D

    Merethe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty cool Tracy!! It's crazy sometimes what we'll pay for something just because we have to have it. I have a journal, but it's already printed and numbered - the Scrapbook and Cards Today one :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. P.S. - I love that quote too, it's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are off to a great start. Looks good. I printed out that same quote to use somewhere. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well you are making fine progress - looks fun. I'm still looking for my little number stamps to stamp my planner. Have to get that done today, because I actually have plans for next week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think that was a great solution for the rub on letters!! I always worry when I'm filling in my calendar pages like that, that I'll write the date down wrong or something :) I love the idea of including your goals on the left ide there!! It looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)