Thursday, February 21, 2013

Working on Defunkifying my Distress Inks

Remember this make up holder thingy that I picked up for super cheap at Michael's yesterday?
Well I put all my inks in the pockets...isn't that just so pretty :)
I had more inks then pockets...but the other side has the same amount of pockets.
But I want to see all my inks...not have to turn this over to see the rest.
Plus my distress tools wouldn't fit and I want them to be with the inks.
Lisa had suggested I velcro the tools on the outside of each pocket....which I did think of as well...great minds think alike ;)
But by doing that it would take away from the fronts of the ink pads and didn't look as pretty.
Yes, I know....I'm picky ;)





















This is how I store my distress inks and tools right now.
Yes that is a boot box from one of my Ashley's purchases.
A bit embarrassing isn't it, lol.
You want to know how much of a pain it is to not only find the ink I want, but then to scrounge around to find the distress tool that matches.





















I am working on a project to hopefully hold all my inks and my distress tools, even a few future ones I see in the near future, lol.
I am going to work on it tomorrow and hopefully finish it :)
















I hope you all have had a creative Thursday :)

Tracy :)

11 comments:

  1. Tracy, loving how they look in there- purty! ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see what you come up with:-) Have a great Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to see your solution to this. Mine are in a cd storage box and look a whole lot like yours do in the boot box.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks good!....and wow you have ink! :)...now get crafting lil lady.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. totally love this idea for the distress inks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like a great solution!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well now you have my curiosity piqued! I can hardly wait!! :) LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a great idea for your inks. Mine sit right in a cubby on my desk. They are all piled up. And I labeled on the side what colour they are, so I can just glance up and see what I need. My tools are on one of those twirly things. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I can't wait to see what you come up with! Right now I have all of my top right hand drawer with my Dylusions sprays and that seems to be working for now. :D Have a great weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks so pretty with the inks all lined up like that! I love it. But I do understand about the tools. I'm not sure how to fit that...but I'm excited to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice way of using that makeup holder. Seeing all the ink colors is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)