Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Its the Small things...planter insert.


I get excited about the smallest things....I mean really excited!!!
I actually danced when this all came together...now let me explain.






















I picked up this wooden planter from my dad's apartment many years ago.
There was a garbage shed and anything the tenants thought someone may be able to use, they would place it beside the shed, instead of in it.
Much to my husbands dismay, I grabbed this wooden planter.
I got Wayne to paint it this deep burgundy colour.
But to find a container to fit in here, so I could plant some flowers was no small feat.
Wayne found some empty windshield washer containers and we added some scrap wood to lay on the bottom of the planter and then planted my flowers in the containers.
This year when I took out the windshield washer containers....they crumbled apart.
So what to do????






















I searched and searched around the camp, looking for a better inner container to plant my flowers in.
I found a couple of dish pans (which I don't use) and it fit almost perfectly.
I got Wayne to give it a bit of paint to match the planer itself (as it can be seen around the edge) and then drilled in some drainage holes.






















I added a few coffee filters so the soil wouldn't clog up the drainage holes and added my soil.
Now look how perfectly the dish pan fits!!!!
Seriously...this made me so flippin' happy!!!
Don't you just love when things come together so wonderfully :)






















Lastly add my flowers.
Yes, its the little things that make me so happy :)


















What small thing has made you happy this week?

I hope you all have a very creative day :)

Tracy :)

6 comments:

  1. sehr, sehr schön, liebe tracy..
    ...hugs...
    ruth..chen;-))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ruth's comment via Google Translate:
      very , very beautiful, love tracy ..
      ... Hugs ...
      ruth..chen ;-) )

      Delete
  2. Super job on the planter, love the colour and the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks fantastic, Tracy, and yes, sometimes it's all about the little things! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Upcycling at its finest. This is brilliant & pretty colour.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)