Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Art Journal Travel Kit

I put together a little Art Journal Travel Kit a while ago, but haven't shared it yet.
I took this plastic chocolate box my daughter gave me. I like it as the lid was clear so I could see in it.
I also used a Smashbook elastic to hold it together better, so I could just throw this in my bag and not worry about anything falling out.















 I wanted to put my Dylusions paints in here, but the containers they come in are to big for me to put them in here as well as the other products I wanted to fit in.
I wanted this to be compact, but I also wanted to bring all of colours with me.

















How I rectified this was to go and pick up these small containers from the dollar store and put some paint in each container.
The lids snap tightly closed and I can see which colour is which.
They are also small enough that I was able to pack all of my colours in my travel kit.
















The next product I wanted to bring with me is my molding paste or embossing paste.
Again, the container is to big for my container.
So I purchased (once again from the dollar store) a bit bigger snap lid container for this.

















I think I would use more embossing paste than the paints, so that is why I have it in a bigger container.
Plus I can always refill it when it gets low.

This mini Travel kit has the essentials.
I have a container that this one fits in where I can add stencils, stamps and such.
I have an inner kit with my necessities and then a outer kit for when I have a certain project in mind --What I keep in my Inner Permanent Kit--: * Dylusions paints *molding paste (or embossing paste) *spatula *Distress water crayons *A water spritzer *paint brush *Black marker for doodling *baby wipes --What I put in my Outer Project Kit--: (this one changes depending on the page I am working on) *Stencils *texture stamps
*decorative napkins *Archival Ink *as it won't smear *paper towel *resist pad for messes



I did this video for a more indepth look into my Art Journal Travel Kit.
If you would rather watch it on my YouTube channel, just click the link "Tracy's Treasures 24"

I hope this helps anyone who would like to Art Journal on the go!!!
Have a very Creative Day :)

Tracy 💗💗💗

5 comments:

  1. What a fabulous travel kit!! I've bought so many supplies to start a journal but I haven't done it yet...I need to get started!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a clever way to take some of your supplies with you! I don't do journals but this is a great idea for even other types of crafting on the go.. Neat idea!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometime few educational blogs become very helpful while getting relevant and new information related to your targeted area. As I found this blog and appreciate the information delivered to my database.ขายสารเครื่องอาง

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you used smaller containers and made a small kit! anything small is awesome! lol
    Ana says Hi - she was removed from this post !! lol ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great repurposing idea. I do wish you had some of the chocolates left. LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)