Monday, January 5, 2015

New Washi Tape Storage :)

I will let you have a break from my journals and go onto my other obsession…Washi Tape!!

If you have been following my blog for any amount of time, then you know I really like Washi Tape or decorative tape.
I like it so much, that my collection keeps growing.
Growing so much so, that I have gone through 5 different container to accommodate them.
I have a few blog posts and a video that shares my growth.
Here is my first post with a video :) "Washi Storage with Video"
And another one "Yup, Another Washi post" I share a few uses, besides crafting, on this one.
Oh and I will throw in my video on how I make my washi tape thinner "Washi on a Diet"

Now onto todays post :)
This is my latest storage for my washi tape.
It is a  H=10 3/4xW=13.5xD=13  Sterilite 3 drawer container.
It is a bit bulky to carry around, but I am working on a solution for that ;)
I use to foam core board to separate the rows. The problem with that is that they would fall over when I moved it around.
Aslo when opening the drawers, I couldn't reach the back washi as the drawers don't come out without force.






















I was thinking of using empty kitchen wrap containers to put the rows of washi in…but how long would that take to collect enough for my needs.
And here I thought I was a patient person, lol.
Well, look at what I found at the dollar store…they are perfect…well pretty much perfect ;)

















I can fit 4 of these trays in one drawer.
Where I could fit 5 rows with the foam core board.
But with the foam core board I still couldn't reach the back washi tapes and they still got mixed up.
I picked up 3 of these trays yesterday to see if they would work.
Then picked up 9 more when I drove Kristy to work.
When I got home I got straight to work.
But then realized that I had more washi tape than trays…so I braved the -40c weather and picked up 4 more.

















Here it is all nice and organized.
Oh about reaching the back trays…..I will just have to pull out the front tray and pull the others forward to reach the back one :)
I bet you noticed the trays of washi tape on the top of the drawer container….This container sits upon another drawer container just like this one, so I will just move these 4 into the top drawer of that container.
It is so much smoother to open the drawers now as tape doesn't get stick, and so much easier to see what I have :)
Ohhh this makes me so Happy :)






















I think I should have been dusting instead of organizing my washi tape, as this is Luna playing with the dust particles in the sun beams, lol.
But this put a smile on mine and Heather's faces and organizing my washi tape was so much more fun than dusting :)






















I hope you all had a very Creative Monday :)

Tracy :)

12 comments:

  1. Hi Tracy, You are so organized . . . you put me to shame, LOL. I love all your tapes . . . it looks like so much fun. Come on over and help me celebrate my three year blogging birthday with a Give-A-Way.
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg that is a lot of washi tape I think I have 6 rolls and never use it, Happy New Year.
    Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad this new system works for you, Tracy, it sure looks nice! I had to tell myself no more tapes because I wasn't using them often enough. I have about half a drawer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great way to organize your washi, Tracy! It looks really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now, that is a Washi collection! Great organization method. The dollar store is just the best place, isn't it? Creativity before cleaning any day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful and it makes me happy too!! The problem with the washi is not all manufacturers make the washi the same size! Luna is too cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH my goodness.............look at that little bit of washi heaven!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that is a lot of washi tape!! My craft store doesn't carry that much ;) Awesome way to organize it!! Luna is adorable!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH EM GEE!!! That is a lot of washi tape. Great way to organized them

    ReplyDelete
  10. You certainly have a Washi collection!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think you need one more roll of Washi Tape. :D

    Seriously, you have a gorgeous collection. Your storage idea is really fantastic.

    Hugs - Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are certainly the washi tape lady! Love your storage solution. Luna is too cute!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)