Saturday, January 10, 2015

Winter Crop

I had such a great time at the Winter crop I hosted today!!!!
I hope everyone else did as well.
Not that I got a lot done, but I really enjoyed spending time with my friends….which is my whole purpose of hosting these
But if I get some creating done…bonus ;)

I didn't get around to putting together treat bags for my friends, so I made them all bone folders :)
I took a wood stick (about the size of a tongue depressor) and cut the end to the shape of a bone folder and then sanded it down.
I then punched a hole at the other end with my Crop A Dile and threaded some twine through it with a jewel on the end.






















I was thinking of painting the wood, but then thought the paint would transfer on the paper when it was used.
I then thought I would stamp the recipients names or initials on the end, but the wood didn't take the stamp very well.
Lastly I thought of inking the jewel with alcohol ink to add some colour.
But then I though, just keep it simple…which is hard to do sometimes ;)


What else do we do at a crop besides creating and spending time with friends…eat of course, teehee.
I made some finger sandwiches and some veggies and dip. 
Myra brought some cupcakes, as I forgot ;)
For supper we all pitched in for some pizza and wings, as well as a yummy salad made by Verna :)






















Thank you to all of my friends who were able to come to my crop today…because of you, you made my day a really good one….Thank you.
I hope you all enjoyed a very Creative Saturday :)

Tracy :)

8 comments:

  1. Great idea for the bone folder!! Sounds like you all had a great time

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute bone folder. Your crop sounds like it was a great success. Food and Friends equal Fun in my books. I created one card, thought about two.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! I want to come and scrap with all of you! Awesome job with the bone folders, by the way! I was hard at work. No crafty time until this next week for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like such a fun time!! Your bone folders are so creative and fabulous!! Love them!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had fun too!!! thank you for inviting me, love my bone folder :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea, love the bone folder!! I bet you had a wonderful time!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh! I had to ask google what a bone folder was - I thought you were using a fancy name for book marks! And here I always just use whatever is handy!!!! Now I know another crafting item that I need. :-) :-) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the bone folders - what a great idea. Hope the crop went well.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)