Sunday, May 31, 2015

Live Carefree….art journal page.

Picture heavy, but oh so pretty ;)
Plus a video at the end of the post on my process :)

Here is my 5th page to "Caroline's" (check out her blog to see her take on our challenge) and my Art Journal Challenge.
This time it was to use our Dylusion sprays…which I always seem to call "Delusional Mists"
The colours of these sprays are so vibrant and beautiful.
I had so many ideas for these pages, but still had no idea what I was gong to do
When I told my daughter "Ashley" about how vibrant and bright the sprays are, she suggested a sunset…..hmmmmm another idea to work with ;)



















I really liked the idea of a sunset, so I picked some sprays that might work with that look….but I still had no idea what I was going to do.
















After spraying on the mists…I tried my hand at "Ghosting"
Ghosting is putting a stencil down and misting water on the stencil and then blotting it with a paper towel to pick up some of the colour.
Because this is a water based product and has other properties that a chemist would understand, the colour lifts and you can lightly see the stencil image….pretty cool.

















Here is a closer look at the ghosting and the stamps I used for this page.
See those 2 top areas on my pages that didn't get colour?
I must have had some matt medium or glue seep onto those pages from previous ones, and being a water based product, the inks resisted where the glue was.






















Time to add my image :)
I picked an Angiegirl image by Angie Blom from Unity stamps called Beach Girl.
This image was perfect for my page.
She looks like she is enjoying the sunset at the beach….oh we need some sand for the beach…just a minute.

















I loved all of the sentiments that came with this stamp set, but the text was all to small for my pages.
I still used one of the phrases, but stamped the first letter of each word out and hand wrote the rest of it.
I would have loved to use stamps for the whole phrase, but I didn't like that they were all capital letters and the word "Carefree" wouldn't have fit this font.






















I also stamped some birds in the background of the pages…..every beach has birds.
Oh yes, and sand.
I covered the top of my page up to protect it and then used some brown mist or spray and sprayed it from a distance so it would lightly mist the bottom of the page to look like a sandy beach :)























I hope you enjoyed my Art Journal page…but wait there is more :)
I made a process video for you…lots of blabbering, I really should learn to do voice over videos…but then again, that is another step I don't' have time for, lol.
If you would rather watch my video on my YouTube channel for a complete screen, as my blog seems to cut off part of it, just click on my link "Tracy's Treausres24"
If you read all the way through this post you are a champ :)

I hope you all have a very creative Day :)

Tracy :)

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous pages, Tracy, love reading your process! I have a few of the Dylusion sprays and they are great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tracy thats is gorgeous !
    you just keep getting better and better!

    I love how you show the creative steps to make your pages -
    maybe someday I will get there!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous journal pages. great instructions too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like we had the same idea with the colours!! Love the sunset effect. Your Angie Girl looks perfect, so do the birds :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful spread! Love that look!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, Tracy!!! This is gorgeous! What fabulous colours and love the stamp!! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!!!!Stunning and gorgeous page,lovely colours and details .
    Fab work:D

    Merethe

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! It looks amazing! Abie has been working on an art journal and I'm just in awe of her and you and anyone that can do these types of projects. I seem to really struggle with them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Making my monthly stop - I have no idea how I got so busy this year and out of free time to go around and look at all my favourite people's stuff. I LOOOOOOOOVE this journal page. It was perfect in every way form the sunny colours to the stamping and your perfect colouring. Mostly, the message spoke to me and in ways that you have no idea how much I needed to hear. thanks for being the blessing in my day today! - Candice -

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)