Thursday, May 14, 2015

Tim Holtz themed Pocket Letter

Yup another Pocket Letter :)
I was asked by Melinda, if I would like to do a Tim Holtz themed Pocket Letter.
I am game for most anything, and you all know I love Tim Holtz's style.






















All of the background pattern papers are all scraps that were in my scrap folder…and bonus, they are all from Tim Holtz :)






















Because the pattern paper was all so very dark, I needed a way to brighten the Pocket letter up.
So I took some white card stock, trimmed it a bit smaller than the background paper and inked that baby up.
I used 3 different colours of distress inks for this.























I then used a lot of Tim's stamps and stamped some backgrounds on the card stock and decorated each card.
I also used his mini dies to cut out elements for each card.
Each pocket or card has a different theme.























I had received Melinda's pocket before I was able to send mine out…so here is hers :)
I like that she added ribbon to the binder holes.
She also used one main piece of paper and then cut it apart to fit the protector pockets :)


















Here is how I mailed my Pocket Letter.
I misted the doily to give it a vintage look to go with the theme of the letter :)

Oh look, I did a video on my Pocket Letter and a bit of a tip on how I made the banner :)
If you would rather watch it on my YouTube channel….to get the whole project in the screen, just click on the link "Tracy's Treasures24"
I don't know why YouTube isn't putting (or letting me put) a thumbnail on my videos lately :(

I hope you all have a very Creative Weekend.
Not sure how much I can get on the internet this long weekend, as I am off to our yearly "Girls Weekend" at my SIL's camp and will be crafting the nights away.
She doesn't get internet up there…or every once in a while we may get a weak signal.
So we will see….just know I will be having a blast :)

Tracy :)

11 comments:

  1. I luv these so vintage, I bought the pockets just haven't got round to doing them yet, maybe someday.
    Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous and stunning work:D

    Merethe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a great pocket letter, Tracy! Have a fab weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous pocket letter, thanks for the mini tutorial and the idea of spritzing the doily.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it!! It turned out so awesome! Have a great weekend too, I know you'll have so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome creation!! Love the vintage look

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this is amazing!! All of the cards are fabulous!! I love the details you've added!! I love, love it!! Have a great weekend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  8. Twin Tim inspired pages - how fun is that that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow......love your pocket letter! Each card is so different, fabulous detail. I have never heard of a Pocket letter before...what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE this
    and its not because I love Tim Holtz Products..
    I really like the doily - that would be the a great start to a layout page!
    awesome as always Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous! Love the details and fabulous contents :-)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)