Thursday, April 7, 2016

6x6 Paper Pads…Defunkified!!

Time to organize my 6x6 paper pads.
Look how nice and organized they are…but they didn't start out this way.






















Honestly though..I don't think my 6x6 paper pads were in all that bad of shape.
They were out of order and overflowing…but looking at my whole room, they weren't that bad, lol.


















The first thing to do in defunkifying or organizing is to take all "like" items, in this case, my 6x6 and 8x8 paper pads, into a bigger area to work on them.
My scrap-pool table is perfect for this,










Next thing is to organize them in a way that works for you.
For me, my sections are
Vintage
Whimsical/Brights
Pastels
Seasonal
I then grabbed a couple of containers for my 8x8 paper pads.
I don't have as many of those so Vintage & Whimsical are in one container, then Pastel & Seasonal in a different container.
I only found 2 paper pads that I had doubles of, surprise, surprise.











Look how nice and organized they are…so pretty :)
I put the 8x8 paper pads in the very bottom of the shelves.






















I did a video on my process on how I organized them and how they were before I did this.
If you would like to watch it on my YouTube channel, just click the link "Tracy's Treasures24"
Here are my tips on how to Defunkify your papers.

1. Remove- all of your papers that need to be organized
2. Sort - Put all like items together.
3. Purge- Donate or gift the paper pads you don't think you will use
4. Clean- wipe down the shelves or area that you are going to store your paper pads.
5. Organize- Put away and organize the remaining papers.

I hope you are following along with me on defunkifying my craft/scrap room.
If you are, I would love to hear what you are working on:)

I hope you all have a very creative day

Tracy :)

6 comments:

  1. How neat and tidy, Tracy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking great mine look like your before picture. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice. I picked up off the floor so
    I could mopthem down the other day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look so neat!! I love that you organized them by theme!! Mine are all just randomly stashed together :) Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look fabulous. And great idea of organizing them. Mine are just on top of each other and always look through each and everyone. I think I need to purge though as I do so much printed papers now. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nicely done - another area conquered - kudos to you. My 6 x 6 pads are in meticulous order, that's not my problem. My problem is remembering to use them at all.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)