Wednesday, February 24, 2016

It's Chilly in here

I woke up this morning with the house feeling a bit chilly.
But came to the conclusion that I wasn't wearing my slippers and the heat should go on soon.....until it didn't. 
Turns out our furnace quit and we needed a new one. 
Unfortunately, they can't install it until tomorrow. 
So to warm up the house I did some baking
Banana nut bread and banana bread with chocolate chips.

I have an area behind the furnace and water heater that was my office storage/sewing area. 
But it has turned into our storage of cr@p area. I have started cleaning it out for quite a while now (a bit embarrassed on how many times I've started this area...even did a couple of videos)
So when they took out the furnace, I took almost everything out of there. 
I was pretty embarrassed when they came to check the furnace. I didn't know they were going to go back there...it was hoarder full.
I put all of the cr@p in the rec-room where I hold my Friday Night Scrapbooking evenings. 
So I have until Friday night to get it all decluttered and organized. 

Look no furnace. 
We have 4 small heaters going non-stop upstairs and 2 wall heaters downstairs. 
Hoping to have a warmer day tomorrow. 


Tracy :) 

8 comments:

  1. Hope your new furnace installation goes well and you're warmed up in no time, Tracy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, brrr...I hope the furnace installation goes well!! That bread looks delicious!! Yummm!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you are back to a warm house soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. By now you are no doubt warm and cozy, and satisfied with how you cleaned and organized that area. I bet it's a great feeling even if you hand was forced to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always the time of year when you need it the most. Yummy looking baking though :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the way you think! When the house is too cold, crank up that big bad oven and start baking. At least your kitchen will be toasty and warm. Then too, you will have some nice snacks while you shiver under a blanket waiting for the heat to be fixed.

    Shayne Gustafson @ Berico Heating and Air

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope that your home will be nice and toasty in no time! I’ve never had my furnace go out, but I've had a water heater go out. I was so thankful I had a gym membership – I was taking showers at the gym for the next two weeks! The new one works even better than my old one did, though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I hope you get your furnace installed soon and that you warm up. There’s nothing worse than being cold. When our furnace finally packed in, we got a lovely company out to install a new one for us and it only took a day. It was just so lovely to be warm again. Like you, we had heaters all around the house.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)