Friday, August 2, 2013

A long weekend and another birthday

Today we are celebrating my BILs birthday. His birthday was actually yesterday, but he wasn't here,lol
We always celebrate it up at our cottage on this long weekend. 
So here is the card I made him this morning.  
Yup I had to get some crafting in this weekend.  
I actually used the sketch Mary Pat used from Some Odd Girls.
I also used the same Graphic 45 paper pack I used on my FILs card from last week.

I needed a place for the gift card we got him. So I just made a pocket with the paper. 
Today was a great day spent with Heather, Kristy my dad and my stepmom. The weather could have been nicer, but at least it didn't rain.
Kristy was hand cutting the grass along the step, then let out a high pitch scream. 
This guy jumped out at her. 
I think she scared him more though   
This is Heather holding the toad. Kristy would never hold him lol

Well I am off to spend time around the fire and toast some marshmallows with my family.

I hope you all had a creative Friday and enjoy your weekend with your family   

Tracy :)

8 comments:

  1. Enjoy your long weekend. We don't get one down here. Like the card you created! I bet that little guy did scare Kristy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are enjoying the weekend and I'm with Kristy there is no way I'd be touching the frog....lol

    GREAT card, love the masculine feel of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great guy card. Sounds like a lovely day. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card - love the papers and the inside is wonderful! Glad you are having a fabulous weekend. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How did you all manage to plan your birthdays so close together? Love the card, did you see that the Tim Holtz challenge is all about travel this month - seems like you have a ready made entry eh? Did I ever tell you that frogs creep me out - dont know why, but I am super scared of them - more than snakes or spiders!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great masculine card! I find those so hard to make. I would have yelled about the toad too, he's nasty looking!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We just had the "time of year" where there are lots of tiny little toads crossing a road nearby. They are so tiny and my worry is that I will step on them during our walks. ew.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great card!

    I would have screamed too! Anything jumpy or creepy or crawly freaks me out! That is awesome that Heather is brave enough to hold him!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)