Friday, August 23, 2013

Making Ashley house a Home finishing touch and a Tracy's Tag :)

I finally put this girl on one of my Tracy's Tags :)
If you remember from this post where I shared my completed girl, I had coloured her up awhile ago.
I completed this tag on my girls getaway the other week.
I used papers from a G45 collection.























Her is what the inner tag looks like.
I am going to add some pretty paper on the back for a note to the recipient :)























Ashley has to wait a few weeks for her window coverings to get installed.
Wayne and I didn't like the fact that anyone can look in. I am sure Ashley didn't like that either.
Wayne said just throw a sheet up there until the window coverings come in.
Well if you know me, then you know I couldn't just tack up a sheet. It has to look pretty...right.
What I did was take a white sheet and cut it in half. I put the cut side to the outside edge of the window and the sewed edge to the inside.
I figured the inside would get more handling and with it being sew, wouldn't fray.
I was going to sew the cut edges....but lets not go overboard here, lol.

















Then lastly, I cut some white ribbon and tacked in between the wall and trim. I used a clear tack so you wouldn't notice it as much.
Tied the ribbon into a bow and viola...a pretty tie back.
Ashley just has to undo the bow at night for full privacy.
I was pretty proud of this easy, yet pretty way to use a sheet for a temporary curtain ;)


















We are heading out to the cottage as I type this.
I am looking forward to a hot sauna to ease my sore arthritic knees, fingers and feet.
I am planning on doing some colouring and just relaxing.
I am also hoping to do a bit of blueberry picking :)

I hope you all had a creative Friday and a enjoyable weekend.

Tracy :)

10 comments:

  1. Love the girl and her paper pieced dress! So pretty. Great idea on the fancy, but temp curtains!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous tag - gorgeous! And the curtain looks wonderful. I used to do this a lot whilst in the RAF, to make my room windows look prettier instead of the boring curtains they supplied! Have a great weekend at the cottage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, clever way to glamorize a sheet at the window - you deserve a good rest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous tag card Tracy...I really like those tall girl images and the graphic 45 papers look wonderful. I have one sheet of the one you used the 4 little rectangles from...I am currently hoarding it cuz i love it so much! lol

    Enjoy the cottage! We will head up to ours once we are settled at home and have caught our breath., Need to check and see if the cedar hedge is stiull alive!

    ReplyDelete
  5. GORGEOUS card and I love the window treatments!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the tag, she's so pretty!

    The curtain is sure the pretties sheet on a window I've ever seen.

    Hope you have a relaxing weekend

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your window treatment is a pretty solution until she gets her blinds. You've put your crafty genius to work on that sheet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The tag is beautiful.

    And I love what you did with the curtains! They look gorgeous!

    Hope you are having a great time at the cottage!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your tag :) What a great solution for Ashley's windows! I wouldn't like my girls to not have any window coverings either!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)