Thursday, March 16, 2017

Life update

My sister in law reminded me that I haven't posted since my daughter's Birthday last month.
Yes almost a month ago!!!
Hard to believe I used to blog daily.
So I figured I had better get my butt in gear and put up a post.
Here is a bit of a life update...and a lame excuse  as to why I haven't been posting.

I have a new Cardiologist, as mine retired.
The new guy wants me to add another type of heart medicine to what I am already taking.
I am a bit stubborn and won't take anything unless I 100% do my research.
So I went back to him to ask him another 110 questions, lol.
Well, I started taking them a few weeks ago and don't like them as they make me tired...which has also hindered my motivation.

I also had to wear this heart monitor for 14 days!!
Yes 14.
One good thing about this (besides how great technology in health is) is that it is a lot smaller than the one I had to wear years ago...mind you that one, I only had to wear for 48 hours.
I also was able to put it on myself, so I didn't have to go to the hospital to get it put on.
I had to carry this black berry around as it sent the results back to the lab.
But it would go into sleep mode on me all the time, unless it was plugged in. So I had to stay 30 ft from an outlet, lol.

I did get an irritation from the sticky electrodes though.
Didn't help when I bent over and the machine unclipped from my pants band and ripped the sticky thing right off with some of my skin attached, lol.

The day I got to take this off, my husband came home during his lunch to give me a huge cup of hot chocolate from Tim Hortons :)
I love my hot chocolate...and my honey ;)

I have been spending so much time with this little cutie.
I just can't get enough of him.

My husband Wayne hurt himself the other day.
He has had a weak ankle for many years, and lately he has been rolling it quite a bit.
The other week he slipped on some ice and sprained it real bad.
The other day he was washing the dishes (which he does about 3 times a year) and his ankle gave out and then he fell against the counter and thought he cracked a rib.
Turned out that he just bruised his ribs and that his ankle is badly sprained and he has to go for physiotherapy to strengthen it as this keeps happening.
He has to take 7 days off of work, so I get to play Nurse Tracy....and no, I am not dressing up ;)

Luna loves Wayne's office chair.
When she was a kitten, she would run up the back of it.
Now she sleeps on here while Heather is playing her video games or on her laptop.
It is always full of her fur and very hard to get off of this material, so I bought a cat mat for her to lay on.
Turns out she does not like this on her chair, lol
I have to laugh as she will not sit or even touch this mat. We even washed it and I rubbed it on the chair to get her fur on it.
But nope, she refuses to touch it, lol.

I enjoyed lots of Sawyer snuggles.
Here he had just woke from his nap and when he saw me he had the biggest, cutest smile on his face.
This little guy just melts my heart.

I even cleaned off my craft desk!!
Well it was clean, teehee.
Time to tackle it again.

I also hosted a crop last weekend, but I will share that in another post as this one is getting a bit long and kind of depressing...besides the photos of my adorable grandson :)

I hope you all have a very creative day :)

Tracy :)


  1. Was wondering what happened to you! Sorry to hear about all of your health issues. Sending prayers to you and your husband. Cute grandson!

  2. A lot has happened since you last posted, Your health is important as is Hubby's The pictures of Sawyer are adorable, he has beautiful big eyes and you can't help smiling when you see his picture. You are so lucky.

  3. I am with you about researching anything they want me to take as medicine. Sometimes the side affects are too much. Good to have snuggles with Sawyer & such a sweet kitty to fill in for the times Sawyer is at home. Oh poor Wayne, physio is so important to follow. Sending positive healing energy.

  4. wowzers that's a good catch up - I was thinking it had been awhile since a post but couldn't comment as I am now behind but am going to load some photos soon!~!

  5. Sorry to hear that you have to take this new medication which makes you tired. Perhaps that is temporary and it will even out.
    I take a medication that causes symptoms like that. Each time I have to increase my dosage, I get tired for about 6 weeks. But it does sort of level off. I still am tired from it, but not as bad as the first few weeks.
    I hope yours will be the same.
    Poor Wayne! Years ago, my daughter had a similar sounding ankle problem. She had to sue a sort of circular disc that balanced on a sort of ball and stand on it and keep her balance. I think it gradually trains the muscles and ligaments to strengthen and become more stable. i used ot for a couple of months after I broke my ankle and it was to strengthen it from "going over" as well. I got it from the physiotherapist. Perhaps something like that would help him too.

    Baby looks so adorable. He must bring you all so much joy!

  6. Fabulous post. Hope they sort you out with the medication that works for you. Love all the photos and hope Wayne is on the mend too.

  7. Hello stranger! I get the tired from the heart meds! Is it a beta blocker, perchance! Sorry to hear Wayne hurt himself too! Take good care of that fellow!!! Thanks for the update! I find it do hard anymore to blog everyday!

  8. Glad for the catch-up sorry to hear there was so much medical news. Fingers crossed your heart results were good, and new doc can find the right meds/dosage so you are back to your peppy self. In the meantime, baby smiles and snuggles should help.


Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)