Monday, December 24, 2018

Christmas Cards 2018

I used to make many different cards for Christmas, but my dilemma was then, who gets which card....funny how it was so stressful for me, lol.
So for the last few years I have been keeping it simple and making the same card for everyone on my list.

If you remember the make and takes from the Crop & Create event, I mentioned that one of the cards,  from Sharon at the Scrapbook Cottage, was the inspiration for my cards for this year.






















This is my take on Sharon's card.
I love this snowflake die set by Hero Arts..isn't it so pretty.























The first thing I did was work on the sky background.
I took Vicki Boutin's foundation paper (3 full 12x12 sheets actually) and coloured the background with distress oxide and distress inks.























I then flicked some water on the inked paper as the inks react with water.
Still doesn't look like much.






















The die set comes with 2 pieces, one is in the shape of a ornament and the other a circle of snowflakes.
I used the ornament die to cut out the inked paper as it is to go behind the card front.























The snowflake part of the die, is pretty intricate, so I used a piece of wax paper in between the paper and the die to make taking off the paper easier...and you know what, it worked!!
I then adhered the coloured paper to the inside of the card.























I then stamped on the sentiment and I was done!
I really like how they turned out!!

I hope you all have a very Creative Day!

Tracy 💗💗💗

2 comments:

  1. Stunning art cards--they would go into my scrapbook for sure...beautiful work Tracy Merry Christmas Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! How Pretty! Totally LOVE the background! That Die is awesome as well! Beautiful Christmas cards!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)