Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Everyone Loves to Read..DT Project

Well its that time again :)
My Design Team spot on Redonkulous Designs.
I used this sweet image called Mother and Son. I think it could be used in so many more ways, Little brother Big sister, Babysitter, even teacher.

I see you look a little shocked...its not a card.
I was going to make a book mark, but as you see it turned into more of a tag then a book mark.





















Here is a close up of the image.
I coloured this image up with my Copics and my Stampin Up markers :)
The ruler is a stamp that I used, I cut it out and added some distress ink.





















I have never claimed to be a photographer of any kind. I get what I get and hope for the best.
But I did notice that my last few cards the photography seem to look a little washed out, so I thought I would again, try to back the project with a white background.
Not sure if it makes a difference.
I do prefer the dark background on my blog though.





















A close up of a few of my paper embellishments.





















Another close up of the image on the white background.





















To check out the other DT's click on their names and I will take you right to them ;)
And Kim, who has the whole shebang.

Onto My Day:
Because this post is going up incredibly early for my taste, my day hasn't even started yet ;)
I am planning on relaxing and taking care of this cold.
But if I am feeling better, I will be doing some book work.

Hope you all had a creative Wednesday :)

Tracy :)

26 comments:

  1. what an adorable bookmark!!! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute Tracey, i adore that image.
    Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool Tag. I think you took a great picture you can really see the details of their Hair, which looks so awesome by the way.

    Hugs,
    kate

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic coloring! Love the images, too as we are readers in this house as well. Hope you feel better today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing job Tracy!!!! I'm always blown away by your coloring. Love the little flash cards and ruler too. A day of rest will do you good :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww.. I homeschool my son, so I just think this is really sweet! ~tina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute! I hope you start feeling better really soon :o)Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute image and your coloring is awesome! HOpe you get feeling better soon...being sick sucks!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Feel better! Your tag is great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute tag! Very nice coloring! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great tag/ bookmark! Love the pape embellishments as well....is that graphic 45? The school one you bought a while back? ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the tag! I hope your cold starts to go away soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is gorgeous! Love that image!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Somebody mentioned about taking photos under their Ott light... do you have one? ... other lights might work too...and the white board always helps. I have take some pretty photos of flowers..in my garden...holding up a white board behind them...hilarious for the neighbours I'm sure ..but it worked!

    Come on back to see the latest WOYWW Tracy... all four are now in their forever homes ....

    Vee
    171

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your tag too...yes the idea could be rerally extended.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Whew...it's almost 1am and i'm finally here...super fabulous tag...i just love all the elements and your colouring is fab...many thanks for the great projects...

    ReplyDelete
  17. get well my friend! Loves ya! Great tag by the way as always. Your coloring blows me away!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great tag! (or bookmark ;) I am so into tags right now and I'm collecting inspiration to make some of my own.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Tag, or bookmark, either way it's gorgeous! Love Penny

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looks so good Tracy! Love the bookmark idea! Your embellishments are perfect for this image. Love the ABC stamps. Hope you feel better soon. We've had such strange weather in Ottawa (super cold then super hot, and now humid), I think this could be the reason my son, and a lot of people, got this nasty cold! My poor tulips didn't even make it this year. :( I'm hoping this is the last cold of the season. Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cute bookmark. Love the teaching theme you have on there. I hope you feel better fast.

    ReplyDelete
  22. FABULOUS bookmark! I love that stamp!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. great job i love your blog and all your work you areso talented.. thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  24. That turned out super cute! I love all the detail you put it in for it being a tag! I hope you get to feeling better soon. Having a cold this time of year sucks!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)