Saturday, May 12, 2012

Kristy's happy day and some calamari

Tonight Hubby and I went out for supper.
Just the two of us. We usually go out as a family, I love to go out with the whole family.
But tonight was just Wayne and I :)
We went to the Keg. Yummy calamari.
Wayne ordered Steak and Lobster, and I ordered chicken, ribs with a side of shrimp.
I was only able to eat half of my meal. So I have leftovers, I see Heather has been into them already, lol.















Today was a good day for Kristy.
We bought her a new bed for her birthday and it finally came today.
On each of my daughters 16th birthdays they get a new bed. That way when they move out on their own, they get to take their bed with them :)
Kristy didn't want her bed last year for her 16th, but she did this year :)















Kristy also wanted a flat screen television.
She is a pretty good saver, so she decided to buy one.
So Wayne and Kristy went out early this morning to pick it up.
She wanted it mounted on the wall, so I picked up the wall mount for her.
It took a while to hang it, but it looks pretty good up there.
It is at the end of her bed.
I told her I didn't have a set up like this at her age. But then again I was living on my own in a basement apartment. I had a tiny black and white television that I picked up at a yard sale. I couldn't afford cable, mind you that didn't matter as the reception sucked, lol.





















Onto My Day:
I slept in, yeaaaaa.
Most of the day was spent putting Kristy's bed and television together and up :)
Supper with Wayne.
Now going to check out some blogs :)

Hope you all had a creative Saturday :)

Tracy :)

9 comments:

  1. I love calamari! Especially at Earl's!
    We were in the city walking for the cure with friends. It was a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun day. I got to go out to eat with my hubby too! That tv is NICE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dinner look delicious! I think that is a fabulous idea about gifting the beds! Too often kids try to start a home with nothing. They don't realize how hard it can be. I have helped both my niece and my nephew with start-up furniture and supplies. I don't know how you did it as a 16 year old! Congrats to you for making it! Love Penny

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks so yummy!

    I love the TV mounted like that! That is really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had a really nice night out. And the calamari looks so good.

    Hope you have a Happy Mother's Day! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, just wanted to check in and wish you a Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That calamari sounds WAY better than Canadian Tire :) Kristy's bed looks so pretty! My sister got a new bed when she turned 16. I didn't... Hmmm, might have to remind Mom and Dad about that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a nice bed, not to mention a great TV! I never had a tv in my bedroom and never had a phone until after I moved out and then moved back home later.

    I don't recall if I've ever had calamari, but I'd try it once anyway. Alan would cringe at the thought of ME eating it, let alone him trying it. LOL! Sounds like your dinner was delicious and how nice that you and Wayne had a dinner out alone.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)