Friday, May 25, 2012

Criss Cross card and a Boo boo

Remember the Zentangles I did the other week?
Well I decided to put it on a card.
Not only that, but I tried my hand at a new type of card.
It is called a criss cross card.
It was very simple and I am sure to make a few more of these.















The message fits into the envelope type pocket.
Pretty fun eh?
I will do a tutorial the next time I make one.
I am giving this to a gentleman on a site I visit. He seemed to really like the zentangle I did, so I hope he likes it on a card :)















Onto My Day:
First I want to thank you for all the concern about my cold.
But that is all it is, just a cold. I'm feeling a bit better today....besides this gorgeous cold sore in my nose, lol.
The sun actually came out for a bit today. Funny how a bit of sunshine can brighten my day :)  That and a couple of phone calls from some friends :)

We were planning on going to camp this weekend. We needed to pile some wood and turn the water on to get ready for summer :)
But sadly I am still not up to doing any hard work, plus it is suppose to rain all weekend. So we will have to wait for the next weekend :(

Poor Kristy burnt herself at her Co-op yesterday.
She was taking muffins out of the oven and her hand slipped off of the pot holder.
Ouch.
Don't worry mommy is taking good care of her and she is feeling much better today.
I kept the photo tiny so it wouldn't gross you out to much.









I hope you all had a creative Friday and an even more creative weekend :)

Tracy :)

14 comments:

  1. Ouch! Glad Kristy has her mom to take of her. Looks like it hurts a LOT! Good to know you are getting better from your cold. Have fun at camp this weekend. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like Kristy's burn is really sore. Great looking card. Glad your cold is doing better. Going to be a rainy weekend here in MT too. Snow forecast for the higher elevations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cool card! :0)
    Ouch, ouch, ouch! That looks painful, poor Kristy!
    :0(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card!! Kristy's hand - ouch!!! Lucky for Kristy that you're such a cool mom. I would have panicked! I hope she's healing soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love your card!!! I'm still meaning to try this technique that you shared! I really really want to do it actually. I keep thinking about it! LOL! Ouch, Kristy - I hope it's settled down now - it looks pretty nasty! :O
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor Kristy! Yowie Zowie! Those blisters look pretty bad.

    Love what you have done to display your Zentangle and make it the feature of a card. Simply stunning.

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  7. OUCH! Take good care of her! The card is really cool! Looking forward to a tute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That card is super cool! Love that you pull out the message! So sweet of you to send it to the guy who loved the zentangle :) Kristy's burn looks icky, but most usually do, good thing she has you to take care of her! We're cleaning and getting the house together this weekend for our trip. Hoping to get a little crafty time in though:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yikes, ouch. Poor thing.

    Your card looks great, I like the pattern behind the woman.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that card, I've never seen one like that before! OUCHIE on that burn! Love Penny

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ouch is right. That really must have hurt.
    I have been working hard the past two days at our cabin. It was cold and windy. The first night we were without power for 6 hours. Today it rained and the wind stopped and the mosquitos came out in full force. I am in the cabin avoiding then, but hubby keeps coming in and out and letting them at me. Tonight we are going fishing. I sure hope the fish are biting like the mosquitos. Feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness! Those blisters look awful!! Poor girl! It's a good thing she has her mom to help nurse her wounds.

    It's been years since I made a criss cross card and even then, it was only one card. It was very basic compared to the cool design you made and put on yours.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness, those burns look painful! She's very lucky to have her mom take care of her :)

    I'm glad to hear your cold is feeling better. I love the criss-cross card you made, I can't wait for the tutorial! I think that would be a fun card to include on a scrapbook layout to hide some journaling in!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the criss cross card and I'm sure the recipient will love it! Dang I want to reach out and pop those blisters!!! Hope she's healing

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)