Sunday, May 6, 2012

Skip to my Loo my darlin', colour combo

Last night I continued in my scrap/craft room cleaning and organizing.
Then I thought to myself, its National Scrapbooking Day, I should do something creative.
So I joined a challenge on Distress to Impress' blog.
Rebecca wanted us to scrap something using  our favourite colour combination.
For the last few years my favourite combination is burgundy and pink.
But it has to be a certain shade of burgundy and pink ;)





















I used this Pure Innocence image that I had coloured earlier in the month. I had only coloured her flesh and hair.
There was something I didn't like about it, so I didn't use it before now.
I won't tell you what I didn't like about it as a few of you have told me to stop pointing out my flaws in my projects, lol.
But just so you know, I point out my flaws, not because I am putting myself down, but to show you that I do use my flawed pieces or that the flaws can be fixed :)





















I paper pieced her dress with some of the background paper.
I added some buttons and some ribbon. I think this ribbon goes perfectly with this colour combination.















 I also took a photo with the tag on the white background.
I think I like it on the brown background better.

















Onto My Day:
I was planned on sleeping in. I even told Wayne last night, that when he wakes up, just quietly leave. Don't snuggle me, as I don't want to fully wake up ;)
Well guess who wouldn't leave me alone....Rose, our cat. She kept meowing. I guess she figured it was a week day and we should all be up if Wayne and her were awake, lol.

Wayne and I ran out for a bit this morning. I went to Michaels as they had their 14x14 Iris plastic containers for $3.99 and I was able to use my coupon on it as well, bonus :)
I wanted that 8x8 photo display rack, but it was 25% off. So I will wait until they aren't on sale and use my 40% off coupon ;)

Sharon and Jim dropped by for a while tonight.
Its always nice to have unexpected company :)

Hope you all had a creative Sunday :)

Tracy :)

20 comments:

  1. She is sweet! I can't see anything wrong with her! Hmm, I was at Michales and the price for those was not as cheap, but that was on Friday...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not too much creativity for me this weekend. For mother's day my husband asked me what I wanted I said "just to be left alone would be nice." It's cheap and easy to accommodate so hopefully this weekend coming up. I am packing that room last. I'm going to try during the week as well but my room is such a mess I can't function in it. At least my house is clean and most of the laundry is done so that lifts some weight off my shoulders. Love the tag! Your coloring is fantastic as always. Oh I have AC Moore where I am and they happened to have the spectrum noir markers and they were on sale for 7.88 a pack. Yes yes I did. You can't beat $1.31 for a refillable marker! I'm so bad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad youwere able to create a little this weekend. i did today,also. I think the little girl jumping rope is darling. I haven't been in Michael's in weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the grass under her feet, so she's not jumping in mid air! No crafting for me this weekend, not even
    anything craft related :( Maybe this week...

    ReplyDelete
  5. she's really cute! love that she's jumping rope. such awesome stamps you have!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty, the image is really sweet! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. what an adorable tag! i love that stamped image and the paper piecing is so awesome

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely tag! That image is too cute and I love the color combo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Isn't that just the way with cats? They seem to know exactly what you don't want them to do, but they are precious companions.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a cute tag and I loved how you paper pieced the image with the backgroung paper. Ties in so nicely :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. If it ain't the hubby, it's the kids, if it ain't the kids, it's the pets. Some days it just doesn't pay to stay in bed. LOL!

    Your tag is really cute and I love that color combo too. I did a wedding scrapbook page in those 2 colors. Burgundy is one of my favorite colors.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great coloring. Glad you had a great National Scrapbook day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. She is so sweet. You did a fab job on the coloring and shading. She is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute tag! I love to hear how you fix things... might give me an idea when I botch something up... all the time ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super cute tag! I love those colors, those shades are perfect together :o) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so cute Tracy, love that colour combo too.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is a great tag, I love the color combination!

    I do the same thing at Michael's, you need to make sure you are getting the best out of your coupon! I also get a teacher's discount, but sometimes they let me use it with the coupon, and sometimes not. I get very upset when they don't though, they just need to be consistent!

    ReplyDelete
  18. If you didn't tell me her dress was paper pieced, I would have never known because you did such a good job. It turned out really good :D

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)