Sunday, August 12, 2012

Accident, Pineapple and some Meteors

On our way home from camp today, we came upon this accident.
Not sure what happened, but it looks as though the trailer he was pulling flipped over.
Hubby thinks we was either texting or just wasn't paying attention and hit the posts on the other side of the road and flipped his trailer.
Didn't look like anyone was hurt thankfully, and only the one vehicle was involved.















When we got home we had to run out and pick up a few groceries.
Kristy wanted to come along and she wanted a fresh pineapple. It was oh so yummy.





















Onto My Day:
I ran out and got a some photos developed. I am going to try and do a couple of layouts this week. Surprised ?!? Well don't be, I won't probably get them done, but I like to be well prepared ;)

The girls are a bit disappointed as it is pretty cloudy tonight, and they were hoping to see the meteor shower.  They all went on the trampoline last night, covered with 11 blankets and watched it. They were out for 3 hours, from 12:30 till 3:30.  They said they saw quite a few last night and were hoping to do the same tonight.
















Off to the heart doctor for an 8:30am appointment tomorrow morning for me.
Then to pack my food for my 4 day creative getaway with my friend. Ohhh I can't wait :)

Hope you all had a creative Sunday :)

Tracy :)

18 comments:

  1. They were so lucky...we looked here last night for about an hour but didn't see anything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pineapple reminded me that I've been wanting to make pineapple mango smoothies. :-)
    Enjoy your getaway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tracy, greetings from Northern Ontario. I'm just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have not watched this year, but have also laid out on the trampoline to watch!
    Do you know how to choose a good pineapple? If a center leaf pulls with ease, it is a good one! (a friend's brother who had spent time in Hawaii said that, and I have yet had it fail!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is exactly how I check the pineapples before I buy them ;)

      Delete
  5. well now I didn't know that pineapple trick. I love them but allergic. I might just have to suffer anyway. LOL Hope all is well at the docs and have fun on your get away. You get away more then you are home. LOL I would be okay being home if I could get mom to get away. LOL
    Hugs,Pea

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope all goes well at the Drs, and enjoy your creative getaway. I'm going away for four days too - road trip to Connecticut! Take care, Karon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope your appointment goes well.
    That is a great tip on Pineapples from Romaine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. good luck at your doctor apt!

    oh my a creative getaway- sounds wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yikes on the accident!
    Good luck with your doctor's appointment and enjoy your getaway! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're so lucky to have seen the Meteor shower. We missed it due to cloud coverage. I was so upset!

    I hope your doctor appointment goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good thing no one was hurt. Pineapple is yummy. My mom been getting one every week. Hope you have a good doc. appointment. =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm glad no one was hurt in that accident, it looks scary!

    That meteor shower sounds very cool! And that pineapple looks yummy! Of course, I'm always too intimidated to cut them up, I wouldn't even know where to start with that!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooh, I just got back from the grocery store, and that pineapple would be so so good grilled...too late.

    ReplyDelete
  14. We used to watch the meteor showers too! I love the idea of laying on the trampoline to watch it! I love pineapple. Scary accident!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I never watched a meteor shower, but it's on my list. lol

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your getaway sounds like a great time! Fun for your girls to stay up all night watching for meteors!!

    Pineapple sounds good right now! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Falling behind in reading your posts again :/
    I love fresh pineapple. I even had one of those thingies that you plug into it and get the spiral cuts. I say had because somewhere along the way my children had been playing with it (why I'll never know) and lost it. It was plastic so my guess is one of the dogs decided it was a chew toy and took it outside into the abyss under out deck. That looks like so much fun watching the meteor shower. I've been getting lots of hot flashes lately, even though I am really to young for it and would love to sleep in a nice cool crisp place.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)