Sunday, August 19, 2012

Creative Shopping, Quad Fail and the Cops are Here.

Wow busy day today, good busy though :)
My SIL Sharon, Heather, Kristy and I are in Minneapolis. I LOVE my road trips :)
We haven't hit Mall of America yet or my other favourite store, Scrapbookers Too. We are doing that tomorrow :)

We are so tired, so this will be a short post but its full of happy pictures :)
First stop was Pine City Scrapbooks. I love this store. The cards the ladies make are stunning.
So I picked up these cute Pure Innocence stamps and these brads that are shaped like scissors, so cute. :)





















Also from that same store I saw this gorgeous Winnie the Pooh paper pack. Phillane had sent me a few sheets, so when Kristy and I saw this paper pack we were pretty excited.
I also picked up a few 6x6 paper packs.
I am really enjoying the 6x6's. I used to think they were a waste of money..until I got into card making ;)





















Then we went to Michaels and these gourds were on sale. Funny thing is they were $9.99 US, $16.99 Canadian regular price. Funny as our dollar is so close but they still jack up the prices for us Canadians.
















Lastly we went to Joann fabric and crafts. I saw the one cloud punch at Pine City but wasn't sure if the size was to small. Then was so happy to see that they had two different sizes. Thought of you Mary Pat :)
I really liked this paper pack, but told myself I had to much paper and didn't need this. Heather came along so I told Sharon, if Heather likes it I'm getting it.
Sure enough she liked it, so I had to buy it, teehee.
She also really loved the Tattered Time paper pack, but I have that one already ;)
I also picked up some chipboard pieces. The one on the left is Winnie the Pooh, and the other one is Halloween pieces.
















Another great find...which I search for where ever I go, are these Cream horns...when my brother Darrell and I were young we called these long johns.
Breakfast ;)  We did pick up some fruit as well :)















When we went to Rydens to pick up my newest order of stamps...I haven't even posted those yet, Kristy found these glasses. She is such a character.
I don't think we have stopped laughing all day.















When we went to Pine City there is a playground across the street. The girls went to check it out while we were shopping.
I told them to bring my camera and have some fun :)















Okay this is not a happy photo.
On the way into Minneapolis on the highway we came upon this Quad (ATV as my nephew Tom calls them) in the middle of the highway.
It fell off some guys trailer. Luckily we weren't behind him when this happened.
I found it odd that the 2 girls were running to get the machine, while the man stayed with his truck which was over 1/4 mile from where it fell off.
No other vehicles were involved in this accident.
















Another scary thing that happened was we were at the hotel getting into the vehicle and noticed 3 police cars by the road and one by the gas station. I was in the car, Sharon was standing by her open door. Two police officers were slowly walking beside Sharon, the one cop had her gun out, the other had his machine gun (not sure if that was what is was) out.
I say to Sharon "Get in the car, Get in the car". Mean while she is oblivious to what is happening.
The police didn't say anything to us, just kept on going.
When we left we counted 6 police cars.
I hope they got their bad guy.

We were going to go to Red Lobster for supper, but the parking lot was full and the sitting area outside was packed. So we went shopping for about an hour and a half and when we came back it was the same thing.
So we will probably go tomorrow.

So I am sitting here drinking a hot chocolate hoping to warm up, as these whachadoodles think it is hot in the hotel room and have the air conditioner on.
Majority sucks.

Hope you all had a creative Sunday :)

Tracy :)

19 comments:

  1. u crack me up! Majority does suck... Love the shades Kristy and yay for pooh paper. ROFLOL.
    have a good time.
    Hugs,Pea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tracy wow you have been shopping !!!!what a lot of goodies , you are going to have such fun , fab photo's too .
    I have been viewing ,but dont always have time to stop and comment these days.
    Big Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. your shopping excursion looks like so much fun!! love all your goodies and i love those cloud punches!!!! i can't wait to see what you create with them!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, lots of fun new goodies! I love the cloud punches - I have two sizes too and they are fun. Great 6x6 pads too.....waste of money???? Never! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you come out of the woods for a few days and everything happens.....lol Looks like a fun shopping trip with so many nice goodies. Enjoy, tfs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you are having a nice time other than the cop scare! You got lots of fun goodies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooohhhh, these are always my favorite trips!!!! Love all of your new goodies! I went to Joann's yesterday too and picked up a few things :) Glad everyone was safe with the two little incidents... Hope you get to eat at Red Lobster today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooo, lots of lovely scrapping goodness! Love those sweet pure innocence stamps! Perfect for your colouring! Love all the papers!
    Wow....so scary with the police and GUNS? No warning or blocking of other people? Sounds bizarre- like a bad dream.
    The guy that sent the girls to get the quad sounds like a class ass, I mean act. ;0p

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous haul so far:-) Love all those yummy papers and great stamps. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great haul! Those are some scary things!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yikes on the police story!
    But otherwise sounds like a fun trip :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like a great vacation so far! I love new scrapbooking goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You got some great goodies on your trip! Those are awesome!

    The quad and the police stories are both very scary. I'm glad no one got hurt in the accident, and I really hope the police got their guy!

    I hope you are able to get to Red Lobster. I've never been there, but AJ loves it! He keeps asking me to go, but there isn't one around here!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So many goodies, those stamps and papers all very adorable. I like those glasses. hehe...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like you are having a great shopping trip (with a little excitement thrown in)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Look at all that loot you get to haul home. Cute stamps. Sounds like a little too much excitement for me.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Food and crafting with family...no better combination!!

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks like you got some great shopping done and had quite the adventure

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my! I just love hearing about all of your adventures! And seeing the goodies... almost as good as shopping myself! Well, ... almost!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)