Thursday, August 9, 2012

My camp treats :)

Now don't these look oh so yummy?!?
These are two of my favourite treats when I come up to the cottage.
My can of coke, I have limited myself to one can on Saturday and one on Sunday.
And my chocolate bar, ohhhh yummy. Yes it is a large chocolate bar, but I don't eat any other munchies, so I am keeping it. Plus I don't always eat the whole thing.
Hubby always teases me, if he can have a piece.
I tell him no, this is mine you can have something else.
Then he jokes and says..."I have never tried a piece of a $5.00 chocolate bar before".
I am a very sharing person, really I am, but this bar is really that good, lol.















Onto My Day:
Hubby and I came up to the cottage last night.
It rained a bit on the drive up, but stopped just as we got to our road.
When we turned on the road, we were welcomed with a pretty rainbow over the lake.
I took a photo of it, but forgot to upload it last night onto the laptop.
It did pour with some thunder and lightening last night. I was so excited (as I love a good storm) but it ended by the time we went to bed. I love the sound of rain while I fall asleep.

This morning Wayne changed quite a few receptacles in the cottage. A couple of our plug ins stopped working last weekend. He changed them, but they still don't work.
They were all dark brown receptacles with cream covers. So he/me wanted them all changed for the look of them. Well another one doesn't work in the kitchen now.
Wayne is very handy and this is a very simple job...even I could do it. But for the life of us, we have no idea why its not working. We thought maybe we got a dud. Still trying to figure it out.

I hope you all had a creative Thursday :)
I am still plugging away on my camp journal :)

Tracy :)

16 comments:

  1. A rainbow sounds like a wonderful omen for the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you get the poser thing sorted...what a drag.
    I don't like storms as they usually start forrect fires around here...but like you, I enjoy falling asleep to the rain on the roof.

    You are making me drool with that Lindt bar...they are so yummy!
    I am a coke addicit too..but diet coke. I am so addicted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM! I love chocolate and nuts!
    We had a huge storm here yesterday and hail that I have never seen here before! There were still drifts of hail to melt even today...it looked like snow. :0(

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goodness, I can't believe I missed so many great posts! Your family pictures are fantastic. It looked like everyone had so much fun and was happy to see each other. I've just been trudging along in my room, trying to get it finished. Everytime I try to get something done my kids bug me. I think they are bored of no school. They actually can't wait to go back. I definitely can't wait for them to go back. Now I'm so tired I can't get anything done. There's always hope for tomorrow. I just went to our State Fair on Tuesday. I don't know if you saw my FB post about RED VELVET FUNNEL CAKE :D Oh my goodness it was so good. They sprinkled it with powdered sugar and put a big plop of cream cheese glaze on top. I ate the entire thing by myself. It is about 8 inches in diameter. I guess it's probably about the same amount of fried dough as an elephant ear. I don't know why but I've never had one of those. BTW my new house has all of those outlets. They are dark brown and have cream covers. The are vintage from 1969. My dog was sniffing obsessively at one so we don't use that one unsupervised and my husband was shocked by the one by his bed. Needless to say we have an electrician on standby when we get enough money lol. Hope you have another great weekend at camp. I must say there was an awful lot of extra camp time this summer for you guys, glad you are enjoying it! (holy long post!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your treats look awesome:):)
    Wish you a wonderful weekend:):)

    Hugs Merethe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! That sounds like an nice little indulgence for weekend cottage life! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think I would share either! ;)
    Good luck with the receptacles!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You made me hungry for that chocolate bar, so I looked for one while I was shopping. I ended up with a Lindt Classic Recipe, which has hazelnuts in it. It was 50% off, so how's a girl to resist? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You made me hungry for that chocolate bar, so I searched while I was out shopping...I came home with a Lindt Classic Recipe, which ha hazelnuts in it. It was 50% off, how's a girl to resist? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good Lucy with getting the plug-ins to work this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. well be sure to get two of those cans and bars when I come up! LOL wayne should tell you that. LOL Just kidding I will bring my own or buy my own. LOL I can't have that bar anyway cause of the nuts. I am allergic, guess that leaves hubby out. LOL
    Have a great weekend
    Pea

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh man, that looks fantastic! In fact, as soon as I get off the computer I'm going to go hunt down a treat!! Hope you guys figured out the outlet situation...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those treats look wonderful! I love whole grain goldfish, and when I was on weight watchers, I would count out exactly how many I could have. And I wouldn't share any with AJ!

    I hope you were able to get the outlets working. My parents had a similar problem at their second home. I'm not sure what they did about it though!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)