Friday, July 4, 2014

"Love This" layout

I can finally share my layout!!
My camera is still not very clear…Wayne asked me when was the last time I cleaned my lens…thanks for telling me after I finished the video, lol.
I hope that is what the problem is, I will see in my next video.

Onto my layout.
When I was at the Crop & Create event, they had classes going on.
I didn't take a class, but I did purchase the leftover kits that they had for sale.
This kit is called Pop that Page by Kelly Goree.
I have never worked from a kit, until then.
This kit included enough material and sketches for 3 layouts.
Because I am a 2 page spread kind of girl, I stretched it to fit my needs.
I did have to use my own card stock, but there was enough papers and embellishments for me to make 6 layouts out of a 3 layout kit :)











These photos are from our girls May long weekend.
I brought my Selphy with me, so I was able to make this page on that weekend with the photos from that day!
Here is Sharon and I.
I am in the pink, Sharon in the blue :)
I channeled my inner Tracy (Mercytiara) on YouTube with the line work on my layout.
My lines are not that straight and a little wonky, but I think they work ;)






















I like the different fonts of this title.
Something I would Never have done on my own…I need things matchy, matchy ;)

















My second page of my lovely daughters :)
Well at least the first photo is lovely, teehee.
I added the tag as it wasn't in the kit.  I just trimmed it down and recut the angled sides and used the tag as a journal spot.
I saved every scrap of this paper, because I didn't know what I would need and I was doubling this kit. The strip of heart paper and scallop paper on the bottom right are the strips of paper with the manufactures name on it.






















I was so happy that this song phrase was a sticker as that weekend was rainy and cloudy all weekend, so this was perfect for this layout :)












Here is my video with more detail on these layouts.
If you would rather watch it on my YouTube channel, just click on the link "Tracy's Treasures24"
I am having fun working from these kits.
If you are in a slump or have lost your desire or mojo to scrapbook, I fully recommend picking up a kit and giving it a try…it has helped me :)
Have you ever worked with a kit when scrapbooking, or do you just do your own thing?

Hope you all had a Creative Day :)

Tracy :)

9 comments:

  1. Nice job on your layout! I will usually make up my own kits from my stash!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two great layouts! Sounds like a fab weekend too.

    I make up my own kits...especially right now while I am on this use my stash challenge. Yes...I extended it another 50 projects so will be showing stash projects for quite some time!

    I like to make the kits up as they are easy to grab and take to a crop...or to the lake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome layout! Love the papers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome pages, Tracy and the wonky lines are perfect! I always make kits when I work on mult-page projects, such a time saver to have everything all picked out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great lay outs, lovely pictures. Watched the u-tube video too,

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have SO lost my mojo to scrap. But on the up-side, at least I got some Lielle pictures made into a book for my mother in law's birthday on Picaboo. Better than nothing! It will never be as pretty as your work though! (But then, even my best scrapbooking isn't). :-) Very nice layout and I love the goofy face picture (of course). :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These turned out great!! I love that you were able to get so many layouts from one kit!! I've used a kit before and they are awesome!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)