This weekend Wayne and I started the process of closing up the cottage for the season.
Here is a bit of the list we have to do.
Some of these we will do next weekend as that will be our last weekend out there.
We don't shut off the water and winterize the pipes until the last day of the season.
The weather looked like it was going to rain and maybe even a bit of a storm, so we had to get a move on….or like Wayne likes to say "We're burning daylight" ;)
Wayne's dad, got a tree cut down at his house, so he brought the wood to camp for our fires.
I wish I had that man's energy…he is 83 and loaded all this wood in his trailer and then unloaded it at camp, and those are some large cuts of wood.
So Wayne and I piled it all and will split it next Spring.
We normally would have split it and piled it right away, but with Wayne's wrist still being tender, I told him we will do it at the start of the new camp season.
Next job was to replace the tarp on the trailer or guest room ;)
Wayne is worse than a boy scout, he is overly prepared.
He totally sealed anything that could leak on here, and then put up some tarps.
This tarp got shredded in the wind over the years.
Wayne doesn't care for heights, so this is my job, lol.
Not sure where this little guy came from, but I almost stepped on him :(
I am wondering if it was in the tarp when we took it down.
I felt so bad for him, as bats are nocturnal and he didn't move. But he did try to bite as I was checking him out.
I didn't want him to become food for another animal, so I put him under the trailer by this piece of wood.
See his little bat wing hand ;)
It was still to bright for him under the trailer, so I propped up a piece of tin for him to hide under.
New tarp up…even though I think it is a bit overkill ;)
I told Wayne we should build an awning type of structure.
That way the trailer is protected from all the snow we receive, plus with an over hang we get a gazebo out of it ;)
Pretty clever I think.
We got quite a few of our jobs completed and then I got to create in the evening :)
But can you believe I forgot card stock for my card bases and adhesive.
So I checked around the cottage and found some liquid glue and some double stick tape from a package of window insulating film….I am sure we won't need that much tape when we do the windows, teehee.
I did start a couple of cards, but was uninspired to put the last one together.
I was thinking of working off of a card sketch, maybe even enter a challenge, but every one I checked out was associated with a product or a certain stamp brand.
I just wanted to play around with a sketch.
If you follow any card sketch challenges I would love to hear which ones you follow :)
Hope you all had a Creative Day today :)