Wednesday, September 17, 2014

What's on Your Workdesk…..A new look

If you read yesterday's post, then you know that I am working on my desk.
Here is a photo of my desk from a few months ago.
Not the most functional.
A bit mish mashy.
















I took one of these shelves (its actually a shoe holder) and thought this would work.
Then I started to think, maybe 2 would be better.
But should I put them side by side, or one on top of the other?
















Then I got to thinking maybe drawers would be better.
But then realized maybe the drawers would get in the way of my work space when I opened them.
Plus they stick out a bit further then the shelves, so maybe not the best.
These drawers are how I used to store my coloured papers, that is why the different coloured circles on each drawer.
















So then I got to thinking, (as my brain can't leave anything alone)  how about if I put the drawers on either side of my work area.
I stacked one set on top of the other.
















One of the reasons why I wanted to change how my desk works, is
1. I wanted certain supplies close at hand.
2. My spiny holder scrapes my wall when I turn it and I don't want to mess up my beautiful red walls ;)
If I keep it up here, on the one set of drawers, then it is far enough from the wall, not to scrape it.
I also put my journal cards in the centre as it looked kind of empty.

















Then I got to thinking…why can't I have the best of both worlds ;)
So I put my shelf in the center of the drawer sets.
I think I like this the best.
This way I can tuck things in the drawers and put higher supplies in baskets in the shelves.

Now with me being as anal as I am, I think I am going to take my washi tape drawer (which is the exact same as these ones, minus the paper I added to the fronts) and put it on top of the one set.
That does mean that my spiny holder will have to be put to the side.

But as I like everything to by symmetrical, I think I NEED to do this ;)

















I am going to link this post up to "Stamping Ground" for What's on your work desk Wednesday

I hope you all had a Creative Day today :)
I had a pretty exciting day today….but tomorrow will be equally exciting and I will share that with you tomorrow :)

Tracy :)

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the evolution of your desk arrangement. I think you have a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is neat and tidy and well-organised! I can tell you're a bookkeeper, LoL! (I meant that as a compliment, by the way!) zsuzsa #64

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good, Tracy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You crack me up! I am loving the "final" arrangement. I have a feeling it may be tweaked still....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your "final" arragement looks great, keeping this in mind if I ever find time to tackle my room. I have a large table and a desk and at the moment can't use either.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the end result and yep I too would be putting another set of drawers :-) Looks really useful and organised. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are hilarious! Glad you got there in the end. It looks fab & I hope you now enjoy playing there. Have a great week, Chris # 29

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are keeping me on the edge of my chair with all this switching about. I think you are thinking it through way too much! Anxious to see what the end result will be!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like all of the options! But the one you settled on is my favorite! Especially having that shelf in the center so you can lift things off the workspace and spread out when you work!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)