Friday, December 19, 2014

Friend Tradition

This may sound like an odd tradition to some.
Every year my friend/SIL Sharon and I are usually finished our Christmas shopping by now and head to the mall.
Not to shop but to enjoy watching everyone else hustle and bustle through the stores, all while we sit and enjoy our, hot chocolate for me, coffee for her, and we bask in the knowledge that we are finished with our shopping….yes, we have a bit of a sick sense of humour, lol.

We didn't make it to the mall this year, for one thing there wasn't anywhere to park.
But we did enjoy our early dinner….had to beat the dinner rush ;)
Every year since I can remember, Sharon and I go to Swiss Chalet for the festive special.
Sharon had a coupon for this cheese bread appetizer.
Oh my goodness this is a heart attack waiting to happen, look at all the butter on the plate.
But it was ohhhh soooo good.
Sharon doesn't like tomatoes or green onions, so I loaded up, that counts as a vegetable…right?!
















Tonight was Friday Night Scrapbooking, but we cut it short.
As Sharon and I were both colouring, we were also yawning away.
She left at 8:00 as she was so tired, lol.
Wayne couldn't believe she had left so soon, she usually stays until at least 11:00.

I hope you all had a Creative Friday :)
I did colour up a few images, even though it was a short evening.

Tracy :)

6 comments:

  1. We call it people watcher I luv it, just popped over to wish you and your family a Merry Christmas.
    Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your food looks delish. Yes a heart attack waiting to happen, but I say it wouldn't taste as good without all of that butter. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a wonderful tradition and that looks delicious. No where to park at the mall here either yesterday. Hate to think what it will be like today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that is an awesome tradition!! Lol!! That appetizer looks delicious too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a fun thing to do lol. I'm not a really good mall person. I get tired really quick. I finished two cards for an order for a friend. I cased my door card from last Monday and did the door red, then I made a cat with an attitude to give the vet this morning. How is Luna doing?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh! That's BUTTER?!? YUM!!!!! Until I read that & clicked for a closer look, I thought it was chicken! :-) Sounds like a great tradition, and way more relaxed than a "running around like a chicken with your head cut off at the last minute shopping" than most people have!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)