Thursday, February 11, 2016

Inking Embossing folders

Here is a card I had made for a swap I was in.






















I had seen this technique where you ink up one side of the embossing folder, and then run it through your embossing machine.
The ink transfers to your paper, where the ink was placed and where there is no ink, it says the colour of the paper used.
In this instance I inked the de-bossed side of the embossing folder.
I don't think my embossing folder was deep enough and some of it flowed to the parts that I didn't want colour...the trees.
This took me a few tries to get it to where I liked the look.
I then added more colour with my water colour pencils.
Lastly I added a deer die cut and the greeting.

I hope you all have a very Creative day :)

Tracy :)

7 comments:

  1. Hi Tracy,
    I LOVE embossing folders, but never knew how to use them - kept buying them anyway. Lol…
    I tried to upload the video of my mini-book to my blog, but had no success. Don't know why. I have no problem with photos. Oh, well. Thanks again for the great tutorial. My sister is coming for a few days while my other half is in Colorado, skiing, and I can't wait to show her how to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is so pretty, and great idea to get more out of embossing folders, Tracy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The touches of black are so stunning against the background!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so gorgeous!! I love the tree background!! It looks fabulous!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, I've never tried inking the folders but one day I'll get the courage to play around with it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card and love this technique! TFS

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)