Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Defunkifying my Laundry Detergent

I was on a FB site, and someone shared a laundry drip/cup holder thingy that they had purchased.
I thought it was such a great idea.

I don't have a problem with my liquid detergent dripping, but my measuring cup sure gets gunky, which then gets on my washing machine as that is where we keep, or should I say, kept our cup.
Everyone does their own laundry in our home, so I thought this would be perfect, as I seem to be the only one who cleans the gunk off of the washer.
I hadn't seen anything like this in stores and I am not an on-line shopper, so I thought of a way I could make it myself :)






















What I did was cut into a plastic water bottle.
I cut the top of the bottle off, then cut down on the sides and cut close to the bottom, so it still had a lip around it for a place where the measuring cup can sit in.
I then cut a hole in the back of the long side so it can fit over the detergent nozzle.






















Easy, free and now my pretty washing machine doesn't have a round shaped gunky mess from the measuring cup :)
Its the little things that make me happy….and this is one of them :)

I hope you all had a very Creative Day :)

Tracy :)

13 comments:

  1. Oh, Tracy! You do make me smile!!! You are so good at reusing!! If it makes less clean up, you go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work Tracy, looks really good and your washer will be gunkless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Problem solved. I just toss the measuring cup lid into a load every so often to keep it clean.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that you found a way to do it the cost free way, Tracy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea! ! I do like Susanne and throw my cup in the machine :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so clever!! What a great idea!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep - the little things are what matter the most :-) TFS

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are just too crafty & organized! Love it

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a very clever idea! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a great idea. I don't buy those type of containers because I hate the push buttons. I buy the smaller bottles on purpose so I can just pour it straight from the bottle. (I use All Free & Clear) Plus we don't have a counter in our laundry so I have to reach up high to get the detergent either way. Which I hate. But our laundry is TINY.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)