Monday, March 23, 2015

Dictionary Search

I love book stores.
But I really love used book stores.
I was looking for an old hard covered Dictionary today, in our one and only used book store.
Even though this whole top row is full of Dictionaries, none of them suited my needs.
















You may be asking yourself, now why the heck would Tracy want an old dictionary, when she could have the app on her phone?
Which by the way I do, and I use it quite frequently ;)
I had seen a couple of page on Pinterest, where someone or a few someone's had drew in their bibles.
I don't follow any type of religion, but I loved this idea.
Felicia from my Fauxbonichi FB group had posted she wanted to try this in a dictionary.
I thought ..brilliant…then I thought…now why didn't I think of that, lol.
Then remembered far far far back in my mind….I did see them on dictionary pages, but totally forgot until she shared on the FB group.
I can only fit so much in this brain of mine, teehee.

So now all I need to do is find an old dictionary to try my hand with this type of art.
I really like the first set of books in the photo, but they are a set of 3 with part of the alphabet in each book.
I really don't want to work in 3 books.
So the search continues :)

I hope you had a very Creative Monday :)

Tracy :)

9 comments:

  1. Always fun to have a mission. Have you tried Goodwill, Salvation Army or any of the thrift stores. we have 4 or 5 here in our city. I hope you find one and we get to see your artistry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I can't WAIT to see this! We have a few used bookstores around here, but I never go. I usually just go to the library. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea - I have seen the bible journaling as well. Dictionary is a good substitute, also maybe an encyclopedia book might work :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with your search!! Can't wait to see what you do with it when you find it!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's always fun to look through old books! My daughter and I have fun in the old book stores. She more so than me but still. There lots of fun! I look for ideas to make journal books. I love the look of an old rustic hard back covers! Can't wait to see what you make Tracy! Hugs, Leann : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with your perfect dictionary search!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sure you will find the right one eventually!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a good idea to use a dictionary, I might have to pick up another one to join in! Hope you're able to find one that suits your needs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love old book stores too - good luck in your quest.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)