Saturday, March 5, 2016

Kaitlyn's Baby Boy card


Today my daughter's and I attended a baby shower for my girlfriend's daughter's baby shower.
We were having a hard time grasping that our daughter's are getting married and having babies...we are too young for this...at least we think so, lol.
It seems like not to long ago our daughters were having sleepovers and playing together.

I of course had to make a card.
Being that I am trying my hand at more challenges, I decided to check out some card challenges and came across this simple sketch from MFT.
The card sketch challenge is "MFTWSC270"
Such a simple card, yet cute :)
I added the little punched out baby feet to the inside of the card as confetti :)






















I simply stamped the toy elephant on the inside and wrote my note on an index card (which I always do).






















Besides the gifts that my daughter's and I bought for the new baby boy, I also crochet this afghan for him.
Started this on Tuesday and completed it Friday afternoon :)
I have enough wool for a second one.
I just love this colour combination!
Here is where I found the "pattern for this afghan".






















I hope you all have a creative weekend :)

Oh yes, my little brother and his wife had a baby boy.
Tristen is his name, he was 3 weeks early and weighed 10 lbs....yes you read that correctly!!!
So happy for them and can't wait to see the little one...not sure when that will be though :(

Tracy :)

7 comments:

  1. Adorable baby boy card, love the owl and the elephant on the inside is so cute. Beautiful job on the card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The card is so beautiful...---and lovely afghan baby blanket. Sounds like a lovely day...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet card and afghan, Tracy! Hope your new nephew and his mom are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable card!! I love the confetti feet!! The afghan looks amazing!! You did a fabulous job!! Congrats on your sweet little nephew!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable card AND, beautiful afghan. I just LOVE the little elephant on the card! Kenny loves the homemade cards I make! hee...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card and love that afghan! TFS

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)