Thursday, July 11, 2013

Making your own Personalized Stickers

I had shared with you on yesterday's post that I would share with you how I make my own stickers.
I could use my xyron machine, but that is just something else I would have to bring upstairs.
So I found an easier way.
 I guess the first thing I should do is tell you why I want to make my own stickers.
Well for one thing, believe it or not, I don't have a sticker for everything.
I know hard to believe if you have seen my sticker binder ;)
Another reason is because my pages in my planner pages pretty thin, so when I stamp on the page it bleeds through.






















So lets get on with it shall we.
I use Avery labels for mine. I am pretty sure that you can also get something similar at the dollar store.
I stamp my image on the label.






















Then I like to colour the image in.
I don't sweat the colouring..I didn't even wear my cheaters.
Surprised myself that I actually stayed in the lines ;)






















I cut the image out and peel off the backing and stick it on my planner page.
Doesn't the coloured one look nicer....plus I don't have to worry about the ink bleeding through to the back of the page.




















Then I started to think what else could I do......
I know.. lets try to print some photos :)
So here is one of Kristy and her boyfriend ready for the prom :)
Not perfect, but perfect for my planner.





















Then I thought lets try a photo I got off the internet of the movie I went to the other night.
It is pretty grainy, but then again, it is only for my planner, so it doesn't have to be perfect :)





















I am still trying to use up all my stickers :)

Onto My Day:
Busy day for me.
Kristy had a doctor appointment.
Then went to the bank to exchange some money to American...yup another trip to the States soon :)
Next stop was to the mall as Heather was looking for a purse. Heather is not a girly girl, she does not own a purse. So I usually carry her wallet in mine, or in her pocket.
She has been looking for a black canvas type bag in a messenger style. But she wants a certain size and an inside pocket.
Of course we didn't find one to her liking, so I am thinking I will be making her one.
But I did find about 4 sets of 6x6 paper packs and some washi tape for me ;)
Then we were off to pick up some travel insurance.
Checked out another store for Heather's non-existent purse.
Then later in the evening Wayne and I went to pick up some groceries for camp this weekend.

I hope you all had a creative Thursday :)

Tracy :)

10 comments:

  1. I have never gotten into stickers but since you love it and I love everything you do - I am going to have to check it out. its 4:18 am - what am doing up so late. I cannot be held responsible for anythng I say right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a smart cookie making your own stickers. Better not having the ink bleed through the page!

    ReplyDelete
  3. duh, why didn't I think of that. Thanks for thinking of it for me. lol Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goodness you come up with the most amazing ideas! I'm sure we are all thinking "Duh! why didn't I think of that" I will be using this idea I'm sure! Enjoy your weekend at camp x

    ReplyDelete
  5. your homemade stickers are so perfect for your journal!! looks awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea for creating your own stickers. I sympathize with Heather. Finding the right purse is so challenging!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Genius! Love this idea! So you go shopping for Heather and buy everything for Tracy, yep all about you again. Lmao!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a fabulous idea!!! Love it! Thanks for sharing. Have a fabulous weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha! Cute way of it noIt bleeding through!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea! I have tons of these labels laying around! What a great use for them. I really love how you printed pictures on them!

    I hope Heather can find her purse!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)