Sunday, September 21, 2014

Nice day for a Marathon

Wow, what a day today was.
I was so nervous and excited I could hardly believe it.
I must have been a bit anxious as well, because last night I kept having dreams that they wouldn't let me do the marathon as I didn't listen to the co-ordinators spiels, lol.

Here is my friend Debbie and I at my house before my honey drove us to the race.
We thought it would be crazy there, so figured it would just be easier for him to drop us off there.















Man it was chilly waiting for the marathon to start.
It was 8C (46F) it was also a bit windy….it was perfect once we started moving though.
The smiley lady in the front, is Debbie's sister Brenda. Brenda ran the whole 1/2 marathon!!!






















And off we go…..
















I had never thought I would do a marathon…let alone finish one.
Debbie and I came in second and third for our 1/2 walking marathon.
We wanted to start and finish the marathon at the same time.
So when we got to the finish line we put our arms around each other and walked on the finish mat at the exact same time :)
I was a bit teary eyed crossing the finish line…but I sucked it up ;)






















I'm thinking we look pretty good here for just finishing our marathon :)
We even got a medal :)
We did 13.1 miles in 3 hours and 14 minutes :)
We were 2nd and 3rd overall in the walking category.
Best time we had ever walked during our training :)






















Now how to scrapbook this milestone event






















Thank you for all the encouraging words you have all left me :)
There were many spectators encouraging us all during the whole marathon.
It really helped keep everyones spirits up.
Really touched my heart.

I hope you all had a Creative Sunday.
Now for my next adventure, which starts tomorrow ;)

Tracy :)

7 comments:

  1. Nice job, Tracy! All your walking the last few weeks prepared you for today. Glad you had a decent day for your event.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous job!!! Great to have a nice day and congratulations on your medals. Yes finally a creative day finished three cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so awesome, Tracy!! Huge congrats and can't wait to hear about your next adventure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the picture of the two of you finishing together :) great job you two!! Such an accomplishment!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats:D fabulous job:)
    Lovely photoes:D

    Merethe

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW - congratulations!! What a fabulous achievement and memory! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. CONGRATULATIONS!!!

    I am so excited for you! And you were second and third - that is SO GREAT!!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)