Saturday, November 26, 2011

Happy Fakesgiving

Happy Fakesgiving ;)
Its our 2nd annual Fakesgiving.

I have had a few questions about my Fakesgiving, so let me explain.

Here in Canada we celebrate our Thanksgiving the second Monday of October  it is a statutory, or public, holiday. I always host this holiday meal with my side of the family.
My girls wanted another celebration before Christmas, so I decided to celebrate the American Thanksgiving as well.
Of course it being an American holiday, we don't get the Thursday off, so I decided to make it Saturday.....hence "Fakesgiving" was born ;)

I have to confess this is not my turkey, I nabbed it from the Internet :)

Last year I invited my brother and his family, my sister and her family, and my daughters boyfriends.
This year I invited my SIL Sharon, her husband Jim, and the boyfriends.
I am battling this cold and of course it was in full force today. I did warn everyone, so they could back out if wanted.....but the turkey won, lol.
Nice evening and good food. Kristy made her famous Apple crisp for dessert.

Short post tonight, as my eyes are burning, my sinus's are plugged and I feel like a zombie.
Hubby gave me a Tylenol Sinus Nighttime. So I should be down and out for the count very soon.
I never take anything, I always just suffer though it...even an aspirin puts me out, so this will surely knock me out , lol.

Hope you all had a creative Saturday.

Tracy :)

12 comments:

  1. Your "Fakesgiving" story was so interesting. Oh, so sorry you're under the weather. Can I suggest something that I hope will help you since you don't "take anything." You may want to try colostrum supplements by Symbiotics. You can find it in the health food store. It works wonders for me even when I had congestion in my chest about 3 years ago. Within 3 days, it was totally gone and I was perfectly fine to catch the plane to Vegas. Since then, it helped my ward off at least 6 colds. Anyhoo, just thought I'd mention that in hopes that you'll feel better real soon. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi TracY`
    Aww I hope you feel better after you get up....
    Poor thing......
    love your fake pics on the turkey dinner, but at least I know you had a wonderful feast anyway....
    Take care....
    hugs my friend....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fakesgiving?? That is awesome! I wish it were on a Saturday for real. It would give me time to get ready during the week:) I hope you feel better soon!
    Maribel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww sorry your under the weather my friend! I am still batling this stupid bronchitis! This is the 2nd round of antibiotics and I just cant shake it this time! I really dont have time to be sick! Me and Mom are going on another weekend getaway this weekend to Nashville to the Opryland Hotel! Archivers here I come! Lovge the idea of Fakesgiving!
    Blessings!
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great tradition. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awh suck, I was hoping you were feeling better by yesterday for your holiday. I hope you're feeling better by today! Sounds like Fakesgiving was still a success though! Hope you got lots of sleep last night...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Tracy. Thank you so much for visiting my blog, leaving me a lovely comment and becoming a follower. *Ü* I had to smile at your mention of your girls 'clean up' day and that the queen was coming! LOL. I hope you are feeling better today and that you enjoyed your Fakesgiving meal. *Ü* TFS. ~Glen~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seeing the turkey makes me hungry for Christmas :)
    Hope you're feeling better soon, eh :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Fakesgiving to you and your family. Like me celebrating Cdn Thanksgiving. Got to love turkey dinner.
    Hope you are feeling better today.
    Leslee

    ReplyDelete
  10. Even that turkey looks better than the one we had. Needless to say, the turkey I had been dreaming of eating wasn't going down :0( My MIL had it smoked and I thought it was gross so my dinner was basically mashed potatoes, carrots and a crescent roll. She is not the best cook :0) Now I can't wait for Christmas, I am having it here both nights and totally look forward to eating then! Hope you feel a lot better soon! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that you celebrate your own version of Thanksgiving (again). But you seem to have the traditional cold on the holiday down to a science like everyone does here too! Did you manage to get any Christmas shopping started this weekend or doesn't it really hit up there yet, like it does here?

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great idea for another version of Thanksgiving. I love it and as an american, honored that you celebrate it. Sorry to hear about your nasty cold. I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)