Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Yup...a layout

Hang on to your seats....Tracy has a layout to share ;)

When I was at Crop and Create the other weekend, I bought a kit that Vickie Boutin put together.
The kit is jammed packed, you have all the supplies, plus more, to make 2- 2page layouts.
On Friday Night Scrapbooking my friend Debbie and I cut all the papers to made all 4 pages. 
Today I completed 2 of my layouts and I am so happy with how they turned out.
Considering I haven't done a 12x12 layout in a year and a half ;)
If you know me then you know I only do 2 page spreads....when I actually scrap that is ;)

I can never follow instructions, I always have to add my touch/style to everything.
One thing I almost always do is ink my edges.
We were supplied flower die cuts, but the completed photo in the instructions showed hearts.
So I found some coloured chipboard hearts in my stash. Because they were coloured and had a glossy finish, I alcohol inked them to a colour that went better with the papers supplied in the kit.
I then used brown Staz-On ink to ink the script onto the front of the hearts.

I also added the flag on the photo frame. The chipboard flag was also supplied in the kit.

I switched up a few of the embellishments to go more with the theme of this page.

I didn't use as many butterflies as used in the sketch. I also inked up the butterflies as well.
The letters were not supplied in the kit, these are from my sticker stash ;)

I had fun layering the chipboard pieces :)

Here are the completed pages side by side.
The colours are a bit washed out in the photos.... I need to work on my layout photos....I guess that means I need to make some more layouts to practice on ;)

I hope you all had a wonderful and creative Tuesday :)

Tracy :)


  1. You are too funny! :)
    Cute pages, Tracy!
    I love to ink my edges, too. I just think it adds a little more pop to elements of the page!

  2. Wow, this layout is just stunning. We have to add our own touch to our creations (that's why we call them ours). The paper is perfect and the picture is very pretty. I have tons of photo's of my Granddaughter I need to scrap. I do them little by little by but I need to put a fire under myself and get busy. hugs, Debi

  3. Nice job on your about, Tracy. I typically ink my edges too. You did a nice job with the hearts?

  4. Such a beautiful double layout-gorgeous!!

  5. Great double layout and she looks fabulous! What a gorgeous dress!

  6. you rocked the layout!!! just beautiful tracy

  7. Awesome job!!!! I love the extra touches you added, with the ink and the flag on the photo, etc. These papers are beautiful!!

  8. These are beautiful! I love the hearts and how you used her corsage in a small photo. Very pretty!

  9. Gorgeous layouts, so glad you were inspired to create 12x12 again, you do it wonderfully!

  10. Fabulous spread, Tracy! Perhaps you should be doing more layouts...since you're so good at it! :o)

  11. Your layouts are beautiful, Tracy! You should do them more often! :)

  12. Love your 2-page layout. Beautiful photos -- love the hearts!

  13. Beautiful LO, the colours are lovely and I like the amount of butterflies you chose. I'm back on-line faster that I expected, woohoo. Now getting used to the desktop again.

  14. WOW!!!I love these Layouts:):)
    Papers are gorgeous, so sweet and fun.
    Fabulous design too:D

    lovely work:D


  15. That a great double spread - really pretty and fresh. I cannot believe it has been that long since you played with 12 x 12 pages.

  16. Fabulous double LO!!! love the photos and all your papers/embellishments are beautiful! TFS

  17. I love your layout!

    I've never gotten a kit, but I know if I did, I'd want to put my own touch on it too. Its no fun to follow directions exactly - you have to put your own spin on it! And I love the changes/edits you made :)

  18. Oh Tracy, it turned out beautiful!

  19. These pages are beautiful! I so like how you used the kit 95% and the other 5% was taken from your stash and altered to fit the kit. Your Kristi is a very beautiful young lady, and her friends look like a lot of fun.

    Hugs to you my friend - Leslie


Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)